"Typical Old-Town Suburb, Anywhere" Forest Grove by glabah
Forest Grove Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 59 photos
Unfortunately, many of Portland's suburbs have not preserved their historic downtowns. Oregon City in particular could have had a beautiful historic downtown district had a different philosophy regarding downtown development patterns been accomplished.
Forest Grove has managed to preserve a number of its older buildings, (though obviously a number of them have been demolished and replaced with newer ones) and for that it should be congratulated. While still not a real historic downtown they have been able to do much better (so far! - development pressures loom on the horizon!) than many other Portland suburbs.
- Pros:Some small attractions here may be worth a stop and see.
- Cons:Not really a tourist town. Busy throughfares make getting around difficult.
- In a nutshell:Certain things are worth a visit, but this really isn't a place with a lot of tourist activities.
While a number of the dishes here are familiar as they are commonly available at Thai restaurants in the area, there are... more travel advice
For those who like chasing birds, this is a place for you if you visit the Forest Grove area. This is particularly true... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Forest Grove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Typical Old-Town Suburb, Anywhere"
- "oneonta_ni's new Forest Grove Page"
- "Forest Grove is all about...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Forest Grove
- Hotels in Forest Grove
- Transportation in Forest Grove
- Nightlife in Forest Grove
- Restaurants in Forest Grove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Forest Grove
- 9 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (285)
Have you been to Forest Grove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forest Grove
Photos in Forest GroveSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 165 reviews, 768 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 712 photos, 74 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 46 reviews, 207 photos, 5 travelogues