"Typical Old-Town Suburb, Anywhere" Forest Grove by glabah
Forest Grove Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 57 photos
Unfortunately, many of Portland's suburbs have not preserved their historic downtowns. Oregon City in particular could have had a beautiful historic downtown district had a different philosophy regarding downtown development patterns been accomplished.
Forest Grove has managed to preserve a number of its older buildings, (though obviously a number of them have been demolished and replaced with newer ones) and for that it should be congratulated. While still not a real historic downtown they have been able to do much better (so far! - development pressures loom on the horizon!) than many other Portland suburbs.
- Pros:Some small attractions here may be worth a stop and see.
- Cons:Not really a tourist town. Busy throughfares make getting around difficult.
- In a nutshell:Certain things are worth a visit, but this really isn't a place with a lot of tourist activities.
While it is not of exceptional size or with a significant array of trails, the Beal Pond is known for attracting a... more travel advice
Restaurant serves mostly Mexican food, but there are a few other items from all over, including a Peruvian dish and some... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Forest Grove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Typical Old-Town Suburb, Anywhere"
- "oneonta_ni's new Forest Grove Page"
- "Forest Grove is all about...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Forest Grove
- Hotels in Forest Grove
- Transportation in Forest Grove
- Nightlife in Forest Grove
- Restaurants in Forest Grove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Forest Grove
- 8 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (259)
Have you been to Forest Grove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forest Grove
Photos in Forest GroveSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 176 reviews, 904 photos, 24 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 161 reviews, 675 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 597 photos, 60 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 88 reviews, 386 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 53 reviews, 197 photos, 4 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues