"Once a Separate City" East Portland by glabah
East Portland Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 62 photos
At one time, East Portland was a separate city from the city of Portland. East Portland occupied the east side of the Willamette River and Portland was on the west side.
Various cities merged over the years, so that now East Portland is part of the city of Portland. However, the nature of the two parts of the city were, until a few years ago, different. The west side of the river had more wealth, the east side had many odd little stores and restaurants. Some remnants of this can still be found on SE Division and SE Hawthorne - areas that were once part of the incorporated city of East Portland.
As today it is all one city, if you are looking for tips it would be best for you to look for them under the city of Portland pages.
- Pros:Covers a fairly large and diverse area, Mt. Tabor Park is a great place to walk and has good views of surrounding areas. Hawthorne Blvd. and Belmont are great shopping and eating areas.
- Cons:Lots of busy streets that are difficult to cross.
- In a nutshell:Exploring outside downtown Portland should be on every visitor's list.
Photos on the wall feature actual food growing practices in Mexico, which is a switch from the typical Mexican... more travel advice
While it advertises itself as a deli, and there are quite a number of choices here, but a certain set of pre-made... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
East Portland Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in East Portland
- 15 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to East Portland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Portland
Photos in East PortlandSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 163 reviews, 797 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 159 reviews, 655 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 27 reviews, 489 photos, 47 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 209 photos, 16 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues