"Lighthouse with Wildlife" Cape Meares State Park by glabah
Cape Meares State Park Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 77 photos
Cape Meares is the home of a small lighthouse and a day use state park set among the coastal forest.
In January of 2010, severe damage was done to the lighthouse by vandals, who shot out the windows and the First Order Fresnel Lens.
There are great views out to sea from here, but don't expect there to be much in terms of beach access. It is possible to see Three Arch Rocks (a very unique series of rocks with three natural arches in them) as well as Pyramid and Pillar Rocks. If you are interested in birds, be sure to search the rocks and cliffs thoroughly during the summer period with your telephoto equipment. This is a common nesting place for Common Murre and various other sea birds.
Despite the reliance of the Oregon Coast on timber, and the resulting conversion of the state and national forests to... more travel advice
There are several viewpoints on the southern side of Cape Meares, and in fact there is an entire paved trail that runs... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Cape Meares State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Meares State Park (Lighthouse)"
- "Lighthouse with Wildlife"
- "Cape Meares State Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Meares State Park
- Shopping in Cape Meares State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Meares State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Meares State Park
- 7 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Cape Meares State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Meares State Park
- Posted in Travel Washington State Forum "Re: Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in..."
- created a Cape Meares State Park Travelogue "Birds on the Peninsula and Bay, 4 Jan 2014"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Birds on the Peninsula and Bay, 4 Jan 2014"
- Wrote a Review The Big Spruce: What Oregon Coast used to Be in Cape Meares State Park Things to Do
- Commented on one of GuthrieColin's Cape Meares State Park travel pages
Photos in Cape Meares State ParkSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 368 photos, 33 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue