"One of Many Tiny State Parks along Oregon Coast" Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site by glabah
Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 5 photos
The Oregon Coast is filled with dozens of state parks. Some of these are large complexes, while others are tiny places with only a small sign indicating their location.
Other than what has already been said on Teresa's Page about This Place, I don't have a huge amount to add.
Many of the state parks have now eliminated camp fires on the beaches in many locations due to the damage that this has caused by too many careless people, so that is one change from her series of photos and remarks about this little state park. There are still places on the beaches where it is acceptable to have camp fires on the beaches, but these are only allowed in specific designated areas. This doesn't mean that you won't find people violating this rule anyway, but it is a state parks rule about fires on the beaches.
The signs currently in the park state that the park hours are until 10 at night, but the hours of many state parks are until dark. Therefore, don't be surprised if this changes due to unfortunate circumstances caused by the Oregon coast being a bit too popular at times.
The park features the beach (of course), a gravel / dirt parking area, a pit toilet, a trail down to the beach, a few small trees, and some good sized rock formations. The ocean is right there next to the parking area (depending on the tide) and so it isn't very difficult to get to the beach, unless you ar eunable to negotiate the steep, but short, trail between the parking area and the beach.
The Oregon State Parks web site for this park is:
- Pros:Small Park Right Next to the Beach and Highway 101.
- Cons:Pit toilet is only facilities here. Proximity of Highway 101 can lead to traffic noise.
- In a nutshell:Thankfully once you get down on the beach past the fence, the noise of the ocean drowns out the noise of the traffic. A nice little beach where only some people stop on their way down the coast.
glabah's Related Pages
Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The best little beach in Oregon!"
- "One of Many Tiny State Parks along Oregon Coast"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site
Photos in Arcadia Beach State Recreation SiteSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 157 reviews, 778 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 328 photos, 28 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 25 reviews, 208 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 37 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 139 photos