"Small Town in the Central Coast Range" Alsea by glabah
Alsea Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 11 photos
Alsea is a small town in the Coast Range of Oregon, about halfway between the Willamette Valley and Waldport. However, due to the twisting roads it is a much further driving distance to Waldport and it is to Bellfountain or Alpine.
The community sits in the middle of a narrow river valley that has a flat bottom, and thus there are small farms along the river.
There are essentially two places to stay: the Alsea Bed and Breakfast, and the campground at Salmonberry County Park, located about 7 miles downstream along the Alsea River.
Note that there is a $3 day use fee for using this area, and it is only possible to use cash. Sometimes, the envelopes... more travel advice
in 1968 the land for this park was donated to Benton County by Rex and Ethel Clemens. Of the county parks along the... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Alsea Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Alsea
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (278)
Have you been to Alsea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alsea
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Are we really that bad?"
- Commented on one of glabah's Alsea tips
- Wrote a Review Alsea Falls (Picnic and Recreation Site) in Alsea Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seasonal Park Separated from Highway by River"
- created a Alsea Travel Page "Small Town in the Central Coast Range"
Photos in AlseaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 179 reviews, 925 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 164 reviews, 759 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 688 photos, 71 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 46 reviews, 207 photos, 5 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues