"30 year old memories of Living Near the Lake" East Grand Rapids by glabah
East Grand Rapids Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Obviously, this is really reaching back to try to remember things about Grand Rapids and East Grand Rapids.
I remember it used to be a popular thing for people to fish on Reeds Lake.
I have vague recollections of Gas Light Village, being a rather funky shoping district, with a number of hand crafted toys (at that time that was what I was really interested in!) particularly at a little toy store called "Geppetto's", after the famous 1880s children's character whose toy creation came to life.
There were some neat fireworks displays over Lake Michigan.
What is now the "Manhattan Recreation Area" was an old grade school. There is a huge hill there that was a popular sledding spot with us kids, and you could coast for a long way, and maybe wind up in the swamp. In the late 1970s they had started the renovation project, and there were new nature trails made from bark dust going in. Some of those appear to be roads now.
Unfortunately, much of that has probably changed in the nearly 30 years since I have been there. Certainly from the areal photos it appears that much has changed!
So I'm not going to add any tips. Anything I remember is out of date.
glabah's Related Pages
East Grand Rapids Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "30 year old memories of Living Near the Lake"
- Create a East Grand Rapids Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in East Grand Rapids
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to East Grand Rapids?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Grand Rapids
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 157 reviews, 778 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 328 photos, 28 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 25 reviews, 208 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 37 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 139 photos