"Mountains and Coast Line" Estado de Santa Catarina by glabah
Estado de Santa Catarina Travel Guide: 288 reviews and 705 photos
I have been told that Santa Catarina is the most beautiful state in Brazil. I can't verify that as I have only been to a few other states in Brazil. However, I can attest that Santa Catarina should be thoroughly explored, especially outside its most famous locations.
In some areas, the coast line is very beautiful and has large beaches, and there is even a significant surfing industry going in such places as Florianopolis. However, not all of the coast line is that way. By the time you get to Imbituba going south, there are some fairly significant rocks just off the coast.
The northern part of the state has a steep coastal forest area where the inland highlands sescend to the ocean. However, further south the coastal strip of land actually becomes a fairly significant coastal plain, and a fair amount of farming activity is supported in this area.
As you head inland, the state has even more mountainous forests, and quite a number of very attractive locations well outside those around Florianopolis that are so famous.
glabah's Related Pages
Estado de Santa Catarina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ITAPIRUBA AND PRJECTO BALEA FRANCA"
- "ESTADO de SANTA CATARINA"
- "THE WATER STATION OF PIRATUBA"
- "Laguna and Tubarao"
- "Mountains and Coast Line"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Hotels in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Transportation in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Nightlife in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Restaurants in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Shopping in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Santa Catarina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Santa Catarina
- 3 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (293)
Have you been to Estado de Santa Catarina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Santa Catarina
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 777 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 745 photos, 78 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 92 reviews, 424 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 265 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 51 reviews, 233 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 4 travelogues