"Forests and Farm Land on Low Hills" Ohio by glabah
Ohio Travel Guide: 4,149 reviews and 10,246 photos
My father lived in Ohio for a few years in the mid-1980s, ending in 1987. We boated on Lake Erie, visited a few tourist railroads including the Hocking Valley Scenic. He lived a little north of Cambridge in a little town called Kimbolton. The main highway through town turned almost immediately to gravel upon leaving the town (and remember this was a numbered highway!).
A small state park nearby was the only real local entertainment.
Lake Erie was still in the process of being cleaned up at that point in time, but even so the areas around Marblehead and a few other lesser known spots near the lake actually offered reasonably attractive locations.
glabah's Related Pages
Ohio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "History, Architecture, Cemeteries, Bridges, Amish"
- "Ohio Back Roads and Byways"
- "winter in ohio"
- "I must be homesick."
- "Ohio Springtime"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ohio
- Hotels in Ohio
- Transportation in Ohio
- Nightlife in Ohio
- Restaurants in Ohio
- Shopping in Ohio
- Warnings and Dangers in Ohio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ohio
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (291)
Have you been to Ohio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ohio
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 777 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 745 photos, 78 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 92 reviews, 424 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 265 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 51 reviews, 233 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 57 reviews, 213 photos, 4 travelogues