"To Go or Not to Go?" Ciudad del Este by glabah
Ciudad del Este Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 67 photos
It is difficult for me to give a review of this city. Quite honestly, I didn't enjoy it that much. The Brazilians took us over to Paraguay because they like to shop there. It is very common for the Brazilians to come here to shop because it is possible to get some great deals, but the problem is that crime on the street is a major concern compared to the other side of the river.
For tourist items, many things sold on the Brazilian side of the river are the same as sold here.
The great deals, and one reason the Brazilians like to come here, is that they can get great deals on electronic parts and other NON-TOURIST related items.
Yes, it is true that there are some amazing things sold in the outdoor marketplace here. However, because of the personal security issue, and because we were all obviously Americans, the Brazilians decided against allowing us to stay in the outdoor market for very long.
It would be interesting to see more of the area, but I would have been far more interested in staying on the Brazilian side of the river, or crossing over to see the Argentine side of Foz do Iguacu.
There are some extremely good shopping and memorabilia items available on the Brazilian side of the river as well, so don't think that you are missing out severely by coming over to the shopping areas in Paraguay. It is a must see for Brazilians and others interested in getting non-tourist imported items into Brazil, but I think the average tourist would rather just stay in Brazil and Argentina, especially if there is limited time available, as there was in our case.
glabah's Related Pages
Ciudad del Este Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East of Hell"
- "Ciudad del Este, Paraguay"
- "Border Town, near Iguassu Falls"
- "Ciudad del Este, PARAGUAY"
- "Ciudad del Este"
- "Just The Place I Wanna Be In"
- "Shopping electronics here, nothing else."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ciudad del Este
- Hotels in Ciudad del Este
- Transportation in Ciudad del Este
- Restaurants in Ciudad del Este
- Shopping in Ciudad del Este
- Warnings and Dangers in Ciudad del Este
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ciudad del Este
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Ciudad del Este?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ciudad del Este
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue