Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Restaurant Tips by glabah
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Restaurants: 15 reviews and 22 photos
Fast Food under the Tile Roof at Porto Canoas 1
This restaurant has two sections: a fast food snack bar type restaurant, and a high-class self-service indoor restaurant that is higher priced. This review is of the fast food restaurant.
At the very end of the south end of the Trail of the Falls and the main visitor's routes into the park, there is a structure that serves as restrooms, gift shops, and two restaurants.
The least expensive of these is Porto Canoas, which is a fast food place serving the same stuff you will find anywhere in most any fast food restaurant.
The good news is that they cook everything to order, so it isn't like certain other fast food restaurants which have everything just sitting on a warming shelf waiting for someone to come order it.
The bad news about this is doing it this way means they can be fairly slow about delivering the food.
There are many international customers due to the nature of the falls as an international tourist attraction. Therefore, the food is pictured above the counter. Each of the food packages is named by an animal common in the area, and the picture of the animal is on the box of food that arrives on the tray on the outgoing side of the food line. Like many fast food places, there is also a number associated with each food package, so that one can order just by the number.
Eating facilities consist of a set of picnic tables under a tile roof shelter.
From time to time, quatis wander out of the woods and attempt to steal food from those eating. Therefore, a part time job of those who clean up the eating area is also to chase the quatis away from those eating. However, these people can not be at all places at once, but quatis seem to be able to do that. Just be alert while you eat.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: From the top of the elevators that go down to the falls viewpoints, head to the bus station shelter and the building next to it. Porto Canoas is in the middle of this structure, under the tile roof area.
Theme: Fast Food
Two Restaurants and a Bar are inside Hotel
I have never eaten in either of the restaurants or the bar inside the Hotel das Cataratas. There is nothing on the hotel web site that suggests these restaurants are open to the general public, but it is hard for me to imagine that any restaurant inside the national park would turn down any customers.
As with everything else about the Hotel das Cataratas, you can bet the restaurants are the most expensive available inside the National Park.
However, you can also probably bet that just like the hotel, there are good reasons for the high prices, and that the quality of food is probably quite good.
The vast majority of the people who visit the national park have no idea there are restaurants inside the hotel, and instead eat at the smaller restaurants at the end of the Foz Trail. These places are OK, but if you want to try eating at a place that is somewhat off the beaten path, it might be worth taking a look at either of the two restaurants inside this hotel.
To get to the restaurants section of the hotel web site, go to the web site below, and select "Restaurants and Bars" from the menu on the left side of the new window that opens.
The names of the facilities inside the hotel are:
Ipê Grill, Itaipu Restaurant, and Bar Tarobá
Menu items are not featured on the web site, which makes me think that perhaps the restaurant is limited to hotel guests.
Directions: Located inside the Hotel das Cataratas.
More Reviews (7)
- Only Place to Stay, and Its Expensive
- Most Personal Vehicles Not Allowed in...
- See All Environmental Exhibition (Bring a...
glabah's Related Pages
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A rumble in the jungle . . ."
- "Iguaçu: the "Big Water""
- "Iguacu Falls - nature's spectacle!"
- "panoramic views!"
- "The Brazilian side of the Iguaçu Falls"
- "With bird's eyes ~ Con ojos de pájaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Hotels in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Transportation in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Shopping in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- See All...
Explore the World
- Obando Hotels
- Calais Hotels
- Burntisland Hotels
- Tambunan Hotels
- Medina Sidonia
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- 9 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you enjoy meeting folks..."
- Wrote a Review Cheap But Common Fast Food in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cheap But Common Fast Food"
- updated a Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Page "Iguaçu's Famous Waterfalls"
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Parque Nacional do Iguaçu travel pages
Photos in Parque Nacional do IguaçuSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 155 reviews, 752 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 153 reviews, 646 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 81 reviews, 358 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 312 photos, 26 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 25 reviews, 208 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 19 reviews, 198 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 31 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremerton Intro, 22 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues