"No Roads, No Vehicles" Itatinga by glabah
Itatinga Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 13 photos
Itatinga is a community formed to serve a hydroelectric facility. There is no way to get to it by road. Rather, from the coastal community of Bertioga (northeast of Santos) it is necessary to cross a river by boat, and take a short railway line. The city has no evidence of vehicles, other than the trains.
This photo shows the last station on the railway line, facing the city.
even little Itatinga has a Roman Catholic church.
The interior of the church is very clean and well maintained.
For more photos, please see the Travelogue I have for this city.
For more photos of the railway and its equipment, please see my Travelogue for this city.
Also, note that there is a Itatinga Section on the Brazilian Railway Photo Album web site.
- Pros:Small, quiet city, unique, train ride through wilderness.
- Cons:It is not a tourist city, not set up for tourists.
- In a nutshell:Interesting train ride, but not for the average tourist.
The train trip required, using unique historic equipment, to come here is the primary reason to come. However, it... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Itatinga Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Itatinga
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Itatinga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Itatinga
Photos in ItatingaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue