"Last Traditional Interurban Train in the Americas" Pindamonhangaba by glabah
Pindamonhangaba Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 28 photos
My visit to Pindamonhangaba was primarily to visit the Estrada de Ferro Campos do Jordao, which has the reputation of being the last traditional interurban-style electric railway left in the Americas.
The line travels to Campos do Jordao, which is a tourist destination.
The line also visits other tourist destinations, including the "Piracuama clear water park kingdom" ( Parque Reino das Aguas Claras Piracuama). This is a sign at the road entrance to the park, but the railway is actually slightly closer.
The railway travels through some very spectacular scenery, as well as the countryside before climbing the mountains. The photo here was taken near the highest point on railway lines in Brasil.
The official web site for this railway is at http://www.efcj.com.br
More photos of this railway are available at the EFCJ section of the Brazilian Railway Photo Album. More of my photos of this railway are available on my Campos do Jord?o page.
Nearby, in Cruzeiro, there is a restored steam locomotive operating on a line operated by a railway preservation group.
Other interesting electric railroads in Brasil include the Itatinga Tramway and the Santa Tereza Tramway in Rio de Janeiro.
- In a nutshell:Really great train trip.
glabah's Related Pages
Pindamonhangaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Last Traditional Interurban Train in the Americas"
- Create a Pindamonhangaba Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pindamonhangaba
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (289)
Have you been to Pindamonhangaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pindamonhangaba
Photos in PindamonhangabaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 772 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 736 photos, 77 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 265 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 51 reviews, 233 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues