">>>>> --- " São Paulo by glabah
São Paulo Travel Guide: 852 reviews and 1,745 photos
On this site on 25 of January of 1554, the city of São Paulo was founded.
The plaza and church and museum surrounding the monument are, to me, not exactly a "must see" activity. However, there is a lot of tourist activity here, so it isn't exactly out the way, either. So, I have placed my description of it in the "must see" activity page.
The bus system, metro, and CPTM suburban trains provide a good way of getting around the city without an automobile. Expect huge crowds on many days of the week.
For those of us who have a primary interest in railroad history, the Immigrants Museum is one of the items in and around São Paulo that are of interest.
As my areas of recreational interest are usually railroad, I visited this museum in September of 2003. I also visited other areas near São Paulo that are of interest to railroad historians. This includes Jundiaí, Paranapiacaba, and Campinas. Further away, there is also Campos de Jordão, which has a very interesting electric railway service.
The RFFSA federal railway company is being slowly liquidated, so as this is written (October 2003) there are less and less historic pieces of railway equipment available to see.
- Pros:Huge city with many resources, plus you have to go through here to get anywhere else in the region.
- Cons:Huge city with all the inherant dangers and transportation problems
- In a nutshell:Interesting to visit, but not a place I would want to live.
Airport Bus Service is the name of a company (yes, the name is in English, but don't let that fool you) that provides... more travel advice
This is the location where São Paulo was founded. It includes chapel, museum, and other items relating to the early... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
São Paulo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Short glimpses at São Paulo , my place....."
- "SÃO PAULO - SAMPA - MY BIG URBAN SHELTER"
- "Cidade da Garoa"
- "Who am I to give advice?"
- "São Paulo"
- "Gasoline fumes and roasting meat...aaahhhh!"
- "More on Sao Paulo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in São Paulo
- Hotels in São Paulo
- Transportation in São Paulo
- Nightlife in São Paulo
- Restaurants in São Paulo
- Shopping in São Paulo
- Warnings and Dangers in São Paulo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in São Paulo
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to São Paulo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Paulo
Photos in São PauloSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 368 photos, 33 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue