"I Left My Heart..." San Francisco by SFHulaGIrl

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,433 photos

Actually, I left my heart in Los Angeles, but have been living in the Bay area for the past 9 years due to my job.

I'm here, but I've never found my niche here. It doesn't feel like home, even after all this time.

Prior to living here, I was a huge advocate of San Francisco. As a tourist, this can be a fun place -- partying with other tourists and not having a care in the world. When you live here, however, and you've done all of the usual tourist stuff, you'll find out what the real San Francisco is all about. I admit to liking all of the corner stores/delis with Italian/Irish/English/whatever food. Public transportation is certainly better, safer and more frequent than in L.A., though the cable car fares, the bus/MUNI/BART fares and bridge tolls have increased significantly in a short amount of time.

Sun, friends, wine, and food -- the best combination for a fun-filled day!

San Francisco has plenty of festivals and street fairs in the late spring through the fall. Some examples, besides the A La Carte A La Park, are the Union Street Festival, the Fillmore Street Festival, the North Beach Festival, the Haight Street Festival, the Polk Street Festival, and the Folsom Street Fair.

• Pros:Decent public transportation system, safer than most cities
  • Cons:Overly expensive, too many aggressive homeless people, mediocre weather, terrible drivers, lots of fires
  • In a nutshell:Good for a Short Visit
  • Last visit to San Francisco: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 28, 2005

SFHulaGIrl

“It's the anticipation that makes the pleasure.”

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?