"I Left My Heart..." San Francisco by SFHulaGIrl
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,328 reviews and 20,080 photos
Actually, I left my heart in Los Angeles, but have been living in the Bay area for the past 9 years due to my job.
I'm here, but I've never found my niche here. It doesn't feel like home, even after all this time.
Prior to living here, I was a huge advocate of San Francisco. As a tourist, this can be a fun place -- partying with other tourists and not having a care in the world. When you live here, however, and you've done all of the usual tourist stuff, you'll find out what the real San Francisco is all about. I admit to liking all of the corner stores/delis with Italian/Irish/English/whatever food. Public transportation is certainly better, safer and more frequent than in L.A., though the cable car fares, the bus/MUNI/BART fares and bridge tolls have increased significantly in a short amount of time.
Sun, friends, wine, and food -- the best combination for a fun-filled day!
San Francisco has plenty of festivals and street fairs in the late spring through the fall. Some examples, besides the A La Carte A La Park, are the Union Street Festival, the Fillmore Street Festival, the North Beach Festival, the Haight Street Festival, the Polk Street Festival, and the Folsom Street Fair.
- Pros:Decent public transportation system, safer than most cities
- Cons:Overly expensive, too many aggressive homeless people, mediocre weather, terrible drivers, lots of fires
- In a nutshell:Good for a Short Visit
This little restaurant on Green Street is cute & homey, with very friendly service. They have a little bit of everything... more travel advice
Cinecitta is an intimate little place just off of Columbus Avenue on Union Street. Though I'd walked by many times... more travel advice
SFHulaGIrl's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 115 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 99 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- updated a San Francisco Travel Page "I Left My Heart..."
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Taxis in Bangkok"
- Wrote a Review DSLR Camera Accessories about Electronics / Music / Toys in San Francisco Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "The BEST Italian-Style Pizza in San Francisco!"
- Commented on one of davequ's San Francisco travel pages
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 115 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 40 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud Intro, 37 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Savannah Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues