Bali Things to Do Tips by SFHulaGIrl
Bali Things to Do: 1,234 reviews and 2,457 photos
Elephants at the Park
For approximately US$57 (572,400 IDR), we had admission to the park, a 30 minute elephant show (they paint, play soccer, play basketball, etc.) & a 30 minute elephant ride. You may feed the elephants & take plenty of pictures of them. In my opinion, totally worth it!
Directions: Not far from Ubud
Tirta Gangga, or "Water of the Ganges," is a water garden built by the King of Karangasem. This maze of pools and fountains is surrounded by lovely gardens, complete with stone carvings & statues. The architecture is a blend of Chinese & Balinese styles.
Gunung Kawi, a sacred Balinese spot dating from the 11th century, is located near Tampaksiring. The footpath to the monument winds past/through terraced rice paddies & a gurgling stream. If you do not have a sarong & sash to wear, you may rent some towards the entrance. Aside from the rock-cut shrines carved into the hillside, there are several waterfalls to be seen. The site is open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily.
Be aware that there are 315 steps going down to the monument, which is NOT fun on your way back up to the parking lot. However, you can browse through the souvenir stalls slowly on your return. Or you can sit & rest while drinking bottled water from one of the vendors (at inflated prices, of course!).
More Reviews (37)
SFHulaGIrl's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 78 Reviews
- 191 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Videos in BaliSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 115 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 40 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud Intro, 37 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Savannah Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues