"Briouze, Basse-Normandie, France" Briouze by SFHulaGIrl

Briouze Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos

As Franck had instructed, I took a train from Paris Montparnasse to Normandy (in the general direction of Granville), exiting at Briouze. I was then to call him and (hopefully) to be picked up. As luck would have it, my phone card did not seem to be working properly. Of course, the message was in French, and my French is certainly not accomplished enough to understand what the problem was! So I asked a young woman who was there with her son if she could help me. She listened to the message, said that my phone card was no good (out of minutes, perhaps) and offered her cell phone for me to call Franck. I reached Franck, only to have him tell me to catch the bus from the train station to La Ferte Mace. Naturally, the bus had already left while I was on the phone. I decided to wait for the next bus, thanked the woman for her kindness, and rolled my luggage over to a more comfortable spot. Someone's grandfather, who was there to pick up his granddaughter, asked me something in French. I explained that I was waiting for the next bus to La Ferte Mace, but he informed me that the next bus wouldn't be until about 10:00 p.m.! He then offered to drive me to La Ferte Mace, after asking the woman at the ticket counter in the train station for the location of the bus stop in La Ferte Mace. We had a pleasant chat on the drive; his English was quite good as he'd previously lived in both London and Brussels. Once we arrived in La Ferte Mace, he offered his phone card so that I could call Franck. I received Franck's voice mail, however, and left a message letting him know where I was, and hoped that he would pick me up soon. I then assured the grandfather that I would be fine, and he drove away. As I stood there, it began to rain. With that, I headed for the nearest tabac. Naturally, La Ferte Mace being a small town, everyone noticed that I was an outsider, though they were friendly enough. Franck arrived shortly and we were off to Le Hameau Fouquiere.

• Last visit to Briouze: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 4, 2006

Comments

SFHulaGIrl

“It's the anticipation that makes the pleasure.”

Badges & Stats in Briouze

Have you been to Briouze?

Latest Activity in Briouze