"La Ferte Mace" La Ferté-Macé by SFHulaGIrl

La Ferté-Macé Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 19 photos

Franck and Isabelle had rented out an entire hameau for their wedding guests for 3 or 4 days. There was no television, though one was specially hooked up for the football semi-final game. There was one telephone somewhere; mostly everyone had their cell phones. All of the guests generally had lunch and dinner together around several tables in the main dining hall. The food was to die for. When we weren't eating, we were drinking. As a matter of fact, WHEN we were eating, we were also drinking! That is probably the reason that people straggled in at very different hours for breakfast.

When I wasn't eating or drinking (or trying people's patience with my very limited and very bad French), I seemed to be sleeping. I've never gotten that much sleep over the course of 3 or 4 days. I even passed out for an hour before the wedding dinner; of course, that might have had something to do with the fact that I consumed about 7 glasses of champagne outside in the hot sun! I asked Franck if they were secretly drugging me because I seemed to pass out at every opportunity. He insisted that I was RELAXED!!

• Last visit to La Ferté-Macé: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2008

Comments

SFHulaGIrl

“It's the anticipation that makes the pleasure.”

Badges & Stats in La Ferté-Macé

Have you been to La Ferté-Macé?

Latest Activity in La Ferté-Macé