"Tina Trivia" SFHulaGIrl's Profile

I don't have time for a huge write-up about ME, ME, ME at the moment, so I'll just bore you with some very inane facts (a.k.a. Tina Trivia).

FAVORITE MOVIES:

smruti
imaniac
rkearns

The Big Escape

Yes, I had yet another "big escape" to Bali. I can't help it -- I'm obsessed with its culture and its people. I tried to stay away. I really did, but... I just didn't have enough willpower.

On the latest trip, I managed to see Taman Ujung (a water palace), the Royal Palace of Amlapura, Pura Kehen in Bangli, Negari (a small village famous for egg painting and making kites) and Pejaten (another small village famous making green ceramics). Oh, and let me not forget about Penglipuran. Penglipuran is a traditional Balinese village in a compound setting. Families having numbered houses may invite you into their homes to see how they live. After a tour of their home, they will show you some of their crafts (flutes, stringed instruments) or other products (coffee, chocolate) in case you would like to purchase something.

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH...

Work is fine; just happy to have a job at this point. My love life is good; I'm happy with that special person.

Ranting and Raving in March, 2011

The year was off to a great start! I spent my New Year's Eve at Caffe Delfini in Santa Monica, California having a fabulous dinner with a friend. Their burrata alone will ensure my return!

I was back in Santa Monica towards the start of February for a company off-site. We stayed at The Huntley Hotel & had dinner at Border Grill. In my spare time, I hung out with friends, of course.

It won't come as any surprise that I'm soon off to my SIXTH trip to Bali. At least, this time I'm taking a 3-day side trip to Phuket, Thailand. Although a part of me is dying to go to Paris or Venice again, I can't rationalize spending that amount of money to spend 1/2 (or even less) the time that i can spend in Bali.

If my air miles add up, or even if they don't, I'm considering spending this year's birthday in New Orleans. The last time I was there was in September, 2009. New Orleans is always a fun city, but I was a bit under the weather with the flu. The New Orleans experience isn't quite the same when you can't eat or drink, although I still made it out to the "new" Rock N Bowl for some zydeco dancing. (In all honesty, I prefer the old Rock N Bowl, though.)

VT Meetings

In March, 2011, VT member loisl was back in town. Other VT members trvlrgrl, Ohaiyo, Rixie & I met up with him at Cafe Bastille. A few of us had our significant others along for the fun.

Somewhere in the French Countryside...

One of Franck's friends took several photos of wedding guests (prior to & the day of) with red "clown" noses on. Here's our best shot!

Travel or Dating?!?!

If you are using this travel website as a "dating" service, please do NOT contact me. I am tired of receiving E-mails from men who have absolutely NO travel info or photos on their pages, no photos of themselves, and no background info of any kind. If your Friends list contains only women (none of whom have added you to their Friends list), it looks very suspect. I AM NOT ON VT TO LOOK FOR A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP!

There's No Place Like Rome

Just a little more on Bella Roma. In the middle of my trip, I'd climbed the Spanish Steps en route to find Casa dei Mostri. Roberto was working at a cafe across from Hotel Hassler. Not only did he convince me to have a drink at the cafe, but he filled my table with three bowls of snacks, as well as bruschetta! As I was leaving, he called me his "beautiful flower" & said that he would always give me the best. Of course, I stopped back by on my final day in Rome to have another drink there.

"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money."

- Susan Heller, Author

• Intro Updated Mar 24, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

SFHulaGIrl

“It's the anticipation that makes the pleasure.”

Real Name