"EDINBURGH" Edinburgh by BerniShand

Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,516 reviews and 7,151 photos

SCOTLAND`S CAPITAL

a beautiful city, and lovely to walk around, strolling along the Royal Mile is a delight

we stayed just outside Edinburgh, in the little village of Roslin, home of Rosslyn Chapel which is mentioned in the best selling book The Da Vinci Code

there are lots of street entertainers in Edinburgh all year, not just at festival time, even VTers have their own acts !

here is Suet, with her amazing magic act....how to make a cup of delicious hot chocolate disappear

• Last visit to Edinburgh: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2005

• poons's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 3:28 AM

Just come back from a wonderful weekend in Scotland Berni. Loads of us stayed with Suet in Roslin - what a scream, and what a lovely lass :o) Nice page here, isn't the chapel interesting!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 12:11 PM

It's amazing where vt takes you = when I was looking on the net at Rosslyn up popped your Edinburgh page on the list!! Funny bollard tip I remember as a child tripping over the chains

• Jonathan_C's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 5:04 PM

Great tips on the Roslin area. I'll have to check it out if I ever go back. And by all means put Sedona on your US travels. The geography is other worldly and many miracles are said to have occurred at the various vortex sites. All the best.

• Royal63's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed your Scotland pages. You are so lucky to have been able to travel around so much! I hope you feel better soon.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 4:01 PM

Berni, what marvelous descriptions, spots of humor, helpful tips, interesting insights, and beautiful travelogues. Rosslyn Chapel certainly is a delight to behold. Thanks ever so much for this lovely virtual tour.

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 2:34 AM

I've been blowing that bloody trumpet in the Castle for YEARS now, and never found any treasure.... another rumour is that it's buried in my garden. I haven't found it there either.... sigh. Perhaps if I do the Trumpet Voluntary in the garden????

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 4:24 AM

Isn't Edinburgh a grand town. Good tips. I may go back next fall to see suet if my plans for Rome fall through.

• dotshand's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2005 at 3:58 AM

enjoyed reading your page, im glad you had a good trip to my home city

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 1:49 PM

A great page Berni but where's Grey friars Bobby???

• beret's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 5:10 AM

I don't need chains to make me fall over. I do it natural like.

BerniShand

“go NOW, before its too late”

Badges & Stats in Edinburgh

Have you been to Edinburgh?

Latest Activity in Edinburgh