"Everyday Austria" Linz by turnip2000
Linz Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 452 photos
Linz is the 3rd largest city in Austria and it was the closest "real" city to me when I lived in Austria. If you really just want to get off the beaten path and be around Austrian sans tourists, then Linz is for you. Make sure you practice some German because you will not find the masses of multilingual service industry workers one finds in Vienna, Salzburg and the ski resorts. The main Hauptstrasse is a nice way to walk through the heart of the city and take it in.
A good spot to see more "anspruchsvolle" Films in their original language. I've been here about 2,334 times and can attest to it being a really good time. Nice bar/cafe hooked onto it and really friendly folk.
Address: 4020 Linz, Dametzstraße 30
About a block or two(?) off the main drag unless it has moved.
- Pros:no tourists, least expensive city, priceworthy pensionen
- Cons:dull architecture, no "big" sites,
- In a nutshell:a place to gather your thoughts without distractions
Take the historical train up the one "big" hill in Linz and enjoy the view and a small zoo. The Austrians went crazy for... more travel advice
Though the "old city" was essentially destroyed during the war, it has been rebuilt rather nicely and many nice bars and... more travel advice
turnip2000's Related Pages
Linz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Linz Page"
- "A Winter's Day in Linz"
- "Hitler's Favourite City"
- "Linz - European Capital of Culture 2009 !"
- "Linz Page"
- "Nice Small City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Linz
- Hotels in Linz
- Transportation in Linz
- Nightlife in Linz
- Restaurants in Linz
- Shopping in Linz
- Warnings and Dangers in Linz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Linz
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Linz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Linz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monroe Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Peru Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Japan Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Austria Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Thailand Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Steyr Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Linz Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.