"Hey your one of us!!!" Conakry by Inga78

Conakry Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 37 photos

Well I liked Conakry. I was there because of work...It was pretty cool. For some reson we had no flight crew and no Senior so it was just us the cabin crew and ops people left alone at the hotel for a few days...No one complained! I think our hotel was the only house that had doors and windows... Every one lived in shacks... I remember the first time I came there and I was looking at the shacks and all the dirt there thinking how good I have it back home where there are doors, windows elecricity, running water and just all those things we use daily and take for granted when there was a sign standing in the dirt between 2 shack?s that said "dentist" I had a laugh I thought no way in hell do i want to have to go to him....Even though I might sound snobby I do want you to realize that the people I met there were friendly and only wanted what was best for us and I appriciate theyr care while I was there. Coming from Iceland where there is almost no crime and I?m safe in my bed everynight there is plenty of food I just have to say that I respect the people I met and I?m glad to have had the chance to be there.

We had plenty of partys while we were there. We would usually go straight to the pool after flights and order gin and tonics...I say it?s my malaria medicin...and I got no mosquito bites so my nick name in the crew was Inga GT. Our pool guy was the best he knew people in town so he would go to town and buy gin for our partys and we then invited him with us to our party and then later on out to the clubs. Everyone was very nice....I don?t know if you have ever experienced beeing in a hotel with a cabin crew off duty but it can get very crazy and no one complained over us they were all just so nice...maybe because of good tips and alot of bar service....hmmmm....who know?s I just have to say that it was nice and I would love to go there again.

• Pros:Very nice ocean front hotel
  • Cons:Rats in the bar, roaches and fleas in the bed and rooms...
  • In a nutshell:I got a good tan!!
  • Last visit to Conakry: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Oct 12, 2005

Comments

Inga78

“Carpe diem!!”

Badges & Stats in Conakry

Have you been to Conakry?

Latest Activity in Conakry