"My second trek to Mt Ophir" Negeri Johor by bkarjee
Negeri Johor Travel Guide: 1,479 reviews and 3,549 photos
Well, this is not a travel tip for travelling in JB or a scuba diving near Tioman.
It actually happend that I went for a trek to Mt ophir for the second time on 25th Jul 08 and I didnt know where to publish my travelogue. Tangkak page would have been ideal, because that is the nearest town to Mt Ophir, but I have already published details of my earlier trek there (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/5f4b9/138b89/). So didnt know where to publish my 2nd trek details of Mt Ophir trek. So finally settled for this place.
Mt Ophir is the highest mountain in West Malaysia. Last year, I did my trek to Mt Kota Kinabalu (altitude above 4000 mtrs) in East Malaysia. Just to maintain continuity, I decided to repeat my trek to Mt Ophir. Mt Ophir, although not very high (1267 mtrs), offers more challenges. We need to cross the mountain range and the path goes up and down at several places (unlike Mt Kota Kinabalu, where you keep climbing up and up and up....)
I have created the travelogue for my second Mt Ophir trek at the bottom of this page. Please do have a look at it and let me know if you need any help/suggestion for organizing a trek to Mt Ophir. I will be more than happy to help you.
During my last trek to Mt Ophir, I had a horrible experience while crossing a river stream. I fell down in the fast flowing river stream and all my back pack including my cell phone, camera, MP3 player, wallet , passport were wet and I didnt want to carry so many stuff this time. This time, I had done a good insulation of all the mateials in the back pack and didnt carry my camera too, as lot of other colleagues were carrying it. Hence I take this opportunity to convey my thanks to Paul Chapman, Belle Koh, who agreed to spare some snapshots for my travelogue.
- Pros:The trek to Mt Ophir was great
- Cons:Absolutely nothing, except that the climb was arduous
- In a nutshell:Test your endurance-trek to the summit of Mt Ophir
bkarjee's Related Pages
Negeri Johor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Johorian Jungle Tales"
- "Chinese New Year in Johor"
- "Johor (Johore) - Southern Most State"
- "Puteri Gunung Ledang"
- "Johor - Southern Gateway"
- "Water, water, water everywhere!"
- "Johor Darul Takzim"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Johor
- Hotels in Negeri Johor
- Transportation in Negeri Johor
- Nightlife in Negeri Johor
- Restaurants in Negeri Johor
- Shopping in Negeri Johor
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Johor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Johor
- 7 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Negeri Johor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Johor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 41 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos
- Sydney Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tangkak Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues