"My second trek to Mt Ophir" Negeri Johor by bkarjee

Negeri Johor Travel Guide: 1,446 reviews and 3,445 photos

My fascination for trekking

Well, this is not a travel tip for travelling in JB or a scuba diving near Tioman.
It actually happend that I went for a trek to Mt ophir for the second time on 25th Jul 08 and I didnt know where to publish my travelogue. Tangkak page would have been ideal, because that is the nearest town to Mt Ophir, but I have already published details of my earlier trek there (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/5f4b9/138b89/). So didnt know where to publish my 2nd trek details of Mt Ophir trek. So finally settled for this place.

Challenging trek

Mt Ophir is the highest mountain in West Malaysia. Last year, I did my trek to Mt Kota Kinabalu (altitude above 4000 mtrs) in East Malaysia. Just to maintain continuity, I decided to repeat my trek to Mt Ophir. Mt Ophir, although not very high (1267 mtrs), offers more challenges. We need to cross the mountain range and the path goes up and down at several places (unlike Mt Kota Kinabalu, where you keep climbing up and up and up....)

Please see my Mt Ophir travelogue on this page

I have created the travelogue for my second Mt Ophir trek at the bottom of this page. Please do have a look at it and let me know if you need any help/suggestion for organizing a trek to Mt Ophir. I will be more than happy to help you.
During my last trek to Mt Ophir, I had a horrible experience while crossing a river stream. I fell down in the fast flowing river stream and all my back pack including my cell phone, camera, MP3 player, wallet , passport were wet and I didnt want to carry so many stuff this time. This time, I had done a good insulation of all the mateials in the back pack and didnt carry my camera too, as lot of other colleagues were carrying it. Hence I take this opportunity to convey my thanks to Paul Chapman, Belle Koh, who agreed to spare some snapshots for my travelogue.

• Pros:The trek to Mt Ophir was great
  • Cons:Absolutely nothing, except that the climb was arduous
  • In a nutshell:Test your endurance-trek to the summit of Mt Ophir
  • Last visit to Negeri Johor: Jul 2008
  • Intro Written Sep 2, 2008

Comments

bkarjee Visits Here Frequently!

bkarjee

“explore till you can”

Badges & Stats in Negeri Johor

Have you been to Negeri Johor?

Latest Activity in Negeri Johor