"White pearl in map of Malaysia" Pulau Redang by bkarjee
Pulau Redang Travel Guide: 277 reviews and 860 photos
Pulao Redang, as they locally call it is a small island in South China sea, famous for white sandy beaches, clear transparent water, beautiful corals and colorful fishes. It is around 40-50 minutes ride in a speed boat from the nearest jetty called Merang Jetty, which is located north of the town of Kuala Terengganu. Pualo Redang is a part of Negeri Terengganu state in north of peninsular Malaysia and is easily reachable by road or by air. There are direct buses and flights available from the country capital Kualalumpur to Kuala Terengganu. From Kuala Terengganu town, Mertang jetty is a 40-50 minute drive up north on the highway that leads to Kota Bahru town. Direct flights are also availabe from Kualalumpur to Redang Island by Berjaya airways or Air Asia
Pulao Redang is famous for white sandy beach, crystal clear/blue water, and it is a heaven for scuba divers and snorkellers.
Numerous beach side resorts to suit all kind of budgets are avaialble in Redang Island. Mosty of the resorts offer a full board package. That means it will include ferry transfers, marine tax, accomodation, breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner. Per person cost for a 2 night 3 days package typically costs between USD 100-250 per person.
Best weather to visit Redang Island is between March and October. It is mostly warm and humid. Weather between November and February is not good. It rains a lot during these 4 months, so much so that all resorts close down and ferry services are cancelled. So it is next to impossible to visit the island during this wet season
- Pros:all pro's
- Cons:no cons except for weather between Nov-Feb
- In a nutshell:a must visit for scuba divers in Soutrh east Asia
bkarjee's Related Pages
Pulau Redang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Redang"
- "~~~~PULAU REDANG~~~"
- "An island that I will call paradise - Redang!"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU REDANG"
- "Pulau Redang"
- "Photo of my meals on Flights to & fro Pulau Redang"
- "Pulau Redang - A Day Trip to a Beautiful Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Redang
- Hotels in Pulau Redang
- Transportation in Pulau Redang
- Nightlife in Pulau Redang
- Restaurants in Pulau Redang
- Shopping in Pulau Redang
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Redang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Redang
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Pulau Redang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Redang
Photos in Pulau RedangSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 41 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos
- Sydney Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tangkak Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues