"Bintan Island Resort-Indonesia" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan by bkarjee
Pulau Bintan Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,450 photos
We visited Bintan resort on 3rd Nov'05 and returned just yesterday. We were two families and needless to say, it was one of the best experience in terms of content and fulfillment. The resort is a perfect getaway from the busy mechanical life in Singapore. The Bintan resort a collection of various resorts and is located on the northern part of the Bintan Island and is a clearly demarkated from the rest of the island. The resorts are self sufficient in all respect and there is no need of going to anywhere else for any purchasing. The resort however is not a representative of the Indonesian life and culture. One hardly gets to see the rich Indonesian culture and heritage during the stay in Bintan resorts.
Bintan is a part of Riau Archipelago off the Sumatran Island of Indonesia and is closer to Singapore then to Indonesia. Ferries are available from Singapore Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to go to Bintan Islands and takes around 1 hour to reach.
Bintan offers a perfect relaxed holiday destination for people of all age. The local people claim Bintan offers 105 KMs of pristine white beaches, although we hardly saw one tenth of it. There are a plenty of water sports activities available in Bintan Resorts and Singapore Currency is readily accepted everywhere, within the resort area. For unwinding the stress of everyday life and to beat the routine bug of the mechanical office life, Bintan offers a perfect holiday destination for Singapore residents. The location of Bintan is a big plus for Singapore residents and not much of efforts are required to reach Bintan.
The Hotel where we stayed in Bintan is Called Nirwana Hotel resort and is supposed to be a 3 star Hotel. It is a good place for couples with babies, toddlers and kids below 10. It has a mega size pool for kids, kids playground and kids club. My daughter enjoyed every moment during our stay at the resort . The staff there pay a lot of attention to the kids and invlove them in a lot of kids activities. It has a big compound for the kids to move around. There are fishes at the entrance and at certain hours, they can feed the fishes.
- Pros:Perfect resort for Residents and visitors of Singapore
- Cons:Indonesian Lifestyle missing in this part of the Archipelago
- In a nutshell:Pure relaxation-nothing else
The sea recedes few hundred meters away from the coastline at low tide time and the sea bed looks very ugly, with tons... more travel advice
On the way to the resort from the ferry terminal, we happened to see the life size statues of two Javan Rhino. Was... more travel advice
- See All Red Flags- Avoid going into the sea
- See All Paintings for sale
- See All Nice setting for a polside restaurant
- Essentials for the beach resort trip
- Water sports in Bintan Island
bkarjee's Related Pages
Pulau Bintan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monsoon Season in Pulau Bintan"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU BINTAN"
- "Bintan Resorts - An easy getaway from Singapore."
- "A Birthday Getaway"
- "Bintan Island Resort-Indonesia"
- "Bintan - Island of Resorts and Rural Lifestyle"
- "Bintan Trip 2004: Fri 9th Apr - Sun 11th Apr"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Bintan
- Hotels in Pulau Bintan
- Transportation in Pulau Bintan
- Nightlife in Pulau Bintan
- Restaurants in Pulau Bintan
- Shopping in Pulau Bintan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Bintan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Bintan
- 41 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Pulau Bintan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Bintan
Photos in Pulau BintanSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 41 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos
- Sydney Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tangkak Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues