"Pachmarhi-Nature at its best" Pachmarhi by bkarjee
Pachmarhi Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 12 photos
Pachmarhi is a beautiful Hill resort located at an altitude of 1065m above sea level
in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh and is a few hundred kms from the nearest major town of Jabalpur. It has a population of about 15000 of which more than half are the Indian Defe\nce personnels. The maximum temp during summer goes to 35 degC and during winter, the minimum temp would be around 10 degC. Best time to visit would be Nov-Mar when the sky is clear and the air is cool with lot of water in thewaterfalls
We had decided to visit Pachmarhi by train and hence boarded the train from Nasik Road Rly station on 27th Jan. The train was as usual late by couple of hours and imagining that it is a 9-10 hrs long journey, we quickly took to the bunkers. Next day, got down at a sleepy station called Pipariya from where we were to take a Jeep to Pachmarhi. The distance by road from Pipariya to Pachmarhi is around 50 KMs., but the ride along the narrow but levelled winding road through the Satpura hill range is superb. The views are breathtaking and many times, the jeep had to break to allow the langoors (a variety of monkey with black face and a long white tail) to cross the road. Pachmarhi is famous for it numerous waterfalls
- Pros:The place is so quiet that the only sound one would hear are that of chirping birds and and fluttering leaves
- Cons:The place around the waterfalls are sometimes dangerous but there are no indications. Sometimes we have to walk a lot to reach few of the tourist spots.
- In a nutshell:The silence in Pachmarhi is luring. This place is wort a visit and the waterfalls are spectacular. There are so many of them
Trekking down to the base of the Bee Waterfalls. It was a 2-3 km walk from the point our jeep left us. While going down,... more travel advice
bkarjee's Related Pages
Pachmarhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heaven on Earth"
- "Pachmarhi-Nature at its best"
- "Remembering That Good Time Spent in Pachmarhi"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pachmarhi
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Pachmarhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pachmarhi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 41 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos
- Sydney Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tangkak Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues