Meteora Tourist Trap Tips by amsterdam_vallon
Meteora Tourist Traps: 7 reviews and 4 photos
Crowds and high season rates are guaranteed from July 1st to October 15th.
Unique Suggestions: You must visit them!!
Fun Alternatives: The Monasteries of Meteora may be visited year round but the weather is wet and cool from December to March.
May and June are the best months for comfortable weather, low season rates and the opportunity to leisurely explore the area.
Remember that since Kastraki is the last town before entering the Meteora tour, everything is tourist oriented...event the price!!!
Fun Alternatives: I suggest you to buy anything you think you will need for the tour, in Kalambaka. Everything is cheaper than in Kastraki.
More Reviews (14)
amsterdam_vallon's Related Pages
Meteora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Meteora & Kalambaka"
- "A Place Devoted to God"
- "...beyond Kalambaka (over Kastraki) - Meteoraki:)"
- "''Suspended in the air''."
- "This is the place YOU HAVE TO SEE! "
- "Soaring Rocks..."
- "Sharrie's Meteora Ingenuity"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Meteora
- Hotels in Meteora
- Transportation in Meteora
- Nightlife in Meteora
- Restaurants in Meteora
- Shopping in Meteora
- Warnings and Dangers in Meteora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Meteora
- 16 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Meteora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meteora
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 75 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lucerne Intro, 28 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olympia Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Meteora Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Neuchâtel Intro, 29 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Gallen Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Essaouira Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greece Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
- Megalo Meteoro – Great Meteoro monastery- 30 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Agia Varvara Rousanou Monastery- 15 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Varlaam Monastery- 16 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Agios Stefanos Monastery- 13 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Agia Triada – Holy Trinity Monastery- 15 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Kalambaka Town- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Agios Nikolaos Anapsfsas Monastery- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Kastraki Town- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Agios Georgios Mandelas's Cave- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Rock Climbing- 1 Review, 5 Photos
See All Meteora Things to Do