"The Start of the desert!" Zagora by amsterdam_vallon
Zagora Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 296 photos
We went there to buy a trip to the desert. That's what we did!
Zagora is another of the cities in the south of Morocco that claims to be "the hottest place in Morocco". Zagora is not terribly different from any other place out here, despite being the largest city inside a radius of 150 km.
The mountain rising up behind town centre gives it a dramatic look, and is together with the touristic road sign saying that it is 52 days to Timbuktu, the most popular photograph souvenirs.
The Draa valley is a more than 100 kilometres long belt of date palms. Plus some few people, some mountains, and a river... more travel advice
Fourth Stop : Veiled women in Tamegroute. In the library of the coranic school of the village, 4000 manuscripts are... more travel advice
amsterdam_vallon's Related Pages
Zagora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting The Hump in Zagora!"
- "Les folies berberes"
- "Zagora and the Draa Valley"
- "The Gate of the Desert"
- "Not quite the end of the road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zagora
- Hotels in Zagora
- Transportation in Zagora
- Nightlife in Zagora
- Restaurants in Zagora
- Shopping in Zagora
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagora
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zagora
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Zagora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagora
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 75 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lucerne Intro, 28 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympia Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Meteora Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Neuchâtel Intro, 29 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Gallen Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Essaouira Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greece Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues