"Welcome to my World" amsterdam_vallon's Profile
Hello, it feel so good to be back!! I am currently working as a french teacher in Nottingham.
I must tell you all that I don't have a lot of time to update my page because there is to many things to see and do around the British Isles! This is the pages i'm currently working on :
- Windsor & Eton
Check Back often to see when those page will be available!
Last June, I went to Switzerland...what a wonderful country!!!
Be sure to at my page in the upcoming days to see the details of my great swiss exploration!
This is the list of the places I visited during my month in Switzerland (last june) :
Neuchatel in the Watch Valley
Lucerne : Swiss Made
Stein Am Rhein and it's frescoes
- Sankt-Gallen : DONE!!!
Sankt-Gallen - at the heart of Eastern Switzerland
Fribourg welcomes you!
Veytaux...the Chillon Castle
It's great to see you here, i did a good enough job to bring you in my world! I hope you will find some interesting things in those pages. My travel pages will always be in evolution since i'm doing 2-3 trips a year. Expect a lot more during the next months.
As for me, i'm a 25 yo teacher for kids with learning and comportemental difficulties looking for adventure, good booze and meeting some new faces all over the world.
My biggest passion other than travel is hockey! We are in the hockey country...Don't be fool by the Detroit folks calling Detroit Hockeytown... The real Hockeytown is Montreal
Let's learn a little more about me!
Board Games: Scattegories
Video Games: Splinter Cell
Sports to Play: Hockey
Sports Teams: Montreal Canadiens
Outdoor Activities: Hiking
TV Shows: CSI: Miami
Movies: The Lord of the Ring Trilogy
Actors: Adam Sandler
Actresses: Cameron Diaz
Music: Dropkick Murphys, The White Stipes, The Real Mckenzies
Magazines: Maxim, Blend
Books/Authors: JRR Tolkien, Isaac Asimov
Snack Foods: Pizza, Fajitas
Alcoholic Drinks: BEER!!!
I lived in a small town about 60 km north-east of Montreal. The Town is JOLIETTE. We like to call Montreal our suburbs!!! But like all little town we are very proud and welcoming.
- There's 25,000 inhabitants in Joliette
- People in Joliette called themselve: Joliettain
- Mostly all people speak only french
- Joliette was found by Barthelemy-Joliette in 1823
- We like to say that there's more restaurant by square feet than people!!!
- The Town motto is : Joliette Sol de Musique
- Just ask the local for Joliette Beach!
My small hometown is home of the most influencial folkloric music in the world. With names like :
- La Bottine Souriante (who are the french equivalent of the Chieftains) : La Bottine Souriante means smiling boot, a reference to the worn-out soles of a working man?s footwear. They?ll wear out your soles pretty quickly as well.
- La Volee d'Castors is formed by six young musicians who introduce you to a vast anthology made of call-and-response songs and boisterous reels, with a definitely actual sonority.
and other :
- La Vesse du Loup
- Le Reve du Diable
November 2003 :
October 2003 :
Cities I visited during my trip to Greece :
Mai 2003 :
Cities I visited during my trip to Morocco :
Janvier 2003 :
Cities I visited during my trip to Dominican Rep. :
- Puerto Plata
October 2002 :
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 571 Reviews
- 886 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 34 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- amsterdam_vallon and mythosbaby are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Cairns or Brisbane??"
- Commented on mythosbaby's profile page
- Wrote a Review The Tales of Robin Hood in Nottingham Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Caves of Nottingham"
- updated a Nottingham Travelogue "History of Trent Bridge"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my World"
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 75 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lucerne Intro, 28 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympia Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Meteora Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Neuchâtel Intro, 29 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Gallen Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Essaouira Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greece Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos