"Beautiful Dutch village" De Rijp by Britannia2
De Rijp Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 112 photos
This is the Dutch village you must see if you want to see a living traditional Dutch village and not a museum created village. It is just out of the travel guides - green painted wood, small canals that run through the village and orange roofs. Traditional Dutch architecture and a delight to wander through. The houses are expensive and I guess belong to some Amsterdam city workers and retired people possibly as second homes but despite this it has a real homely feel to it.
A wonderful village to explore - beautiful vistas across the flat but scenic Dutch landscape from the edge of the village and in the village every corner you turn leads to another delightful street. You can also explore the area by electric boat - either as an individual or on a boat tour organised by the VVV tourist office. See my appropriate tip.
The VVV has an excellent web site at - http://www.vvvgraftderijp.nl/engels/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showPage&pagenr=6. I have put the link to the link to the English pages in as most viewers of these pages will be an English speaker.
The VVV is at de Waag, Kleine Dam 1, 1483 BJ De Rijp. Telephone 0299-671979.
The Dutch language part of the website carries full details of all the things the VVV can arrange such as walking tours, cycle hire, boat hire, accommodation etc.
The website is the best tourist website I have ever seen and a great deal of thought, time and effort has gone in to it. Recommended reading.
- Pros:The perfect Dutch village
- In a nutshell:You must see this village.
Only open in the peak season from May 30th - October 19th (in 2009) on Saturdays and Sundays but in July and August from... more travel advice
Uniquely situated between the historically rich villages of Graft-de Rijp, Noordeinde, Grootschermer, Schermerhorn and... more travel advice
Britannia2's Related Pages
De Rijp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Of whales, Mennonites and literature"
- "Beautiful Dutch village"
- "gemeente Graft-de Rijp"
- "De Rijp"
- "The "best village" ofthe province"
- "Wedding Trip"
- "De Rijp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in De Rijp
- Hotels in De Rijp
- Transportation in De Rijp
- Restaurants in De Rijp
- Warnings and Dangers in De Rijp
- See All...
Badges & Stats in De Rijp
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to De Rijp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Rijp
Photos in De RijpSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 203 reviews, 401 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 140 reviews, 245 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 97 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 78 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 48 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 34 reviews, 79 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 30 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bridlington Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos