"Interesting Frisian town" Franeker by Britannia2
Franeker Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 43 photos
A very interesting and scenic town that centres on a beautiful town hall. It is also home to the worlds oldest working planetarium and a corn museum.
This was one of the first Frisian towns I had ever been to and it was interesting to see the slight difference between Franeker and other similar size Dutch towns in central Holland that I know so well.
There is a real feeling of actually travelling to get here - the town is compact and easy to find your way around although the railway station and car parks are some distance from the town centre.
- Pros:History on view in a compact town
- Cons:Parking and the station some way out
This interesting church dates from 1421 and is the only church in Friesland with a choir aisle. I do not normally... more travel advice
The Town Hall of Franeker was built in renaissance style between 1591 and 1594. The building was extended in 1760 and... more travel advice
Britannia2's Related Pages
Franeker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Interesting Frisian town"
- "Franeker / Frjentsjer, NL"
- "Founded around 800."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Franeker
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Franeker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Franeker
Photos in FranekerSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 133 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 104 reviews, 182 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 71 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 78 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitby Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos