Bridlington Restaurant Tips by Britannia2
Bridlington Restaurants: 6 reviews and 5 photos
The Lobster Pot
A large pub restaurant south of the town on the A165 towards Hull. This was recently revamped (2013) and has improved gardens with pleasant outside dining and a more traditional interior with the emphasis on wood panelling and wooden floors.
The food emphasis is chicken based (although other traditional English foods such as steak and kidney pie, fish and chips etc is available). There is a huge rotisserie in the centre of the restaurant constantly turning chickens and each chicken comes with a choice of 6 sauces, 6 extras such as vegetables and chips/potatoes/baked potato etc. for £8.95.
Service rather slow and we had a to remind the waitress our main meals were very late in coming to the table - I got the impression they had forgotten our order as it was still some time before the meals arrived.
Favorite Dish: Starters were red mullet with a salad and probably the best prawn cocktail I have ever had. Mains were chickens - one with lemon and garlic glaze and one with a BBQ glaze. The vegetables were peas, carrots and green beans and the meals were so large I did not finish mine.
Total bill (4/5/2013) for two starters, two mains, drinks etc was £28.40 - exceptionally good value.
Re-visited 29/06/13 - service slower than previous visit. The table next to us had their starters delivered twice and another table refused their food as it was cold and walked out. Our late arriving meal was generally OK but the potatoes were overcooked. We will not be going back.
Address: 184 Kingsgate, Bridlington, YO15 3NG
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: South of Bridlington on the A165.
Phone: 01262 602834
The Station Buffet
A visit to the Station Buffet is worthwhile even if you are not travelling by train. I stopped by on my way home on the train recently when I was a little early for the train. A real find - just like stepping back to the 1950s with a real station buffet from a bygone era feel about it. You could expect the two main characters from Brief Encounter to walk in at any moment.
The cafe has a fine display of old bottles, teapots, and more general memorabilia and the bar next door is filled with railway memorabilia.
Open all year,and there is wheelchair access and the bar and buffet are disabled friendly.
Regular events are held at the Buffet including talks and presentations covering all aspects of the railway industry and associated topics for local people interested in the railway hobby.
It is famous for its flower display in the summer and there are over 3000 plants that provide a colourful display in the summer months.
Favorite Dish: There is a good selection of coffees and the hot chocolate is very good. A good range of full meals and snacks are available.
Address: Station Approach, Bridlington, YO15 3EP
Comparison: about average
Phone: 01262 673709
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (11)
Britannia2's Related Pages
Bridlington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "By the seaside"
- "Bridlington - resort with potential"
- "A typical Yorkshire seaside town"
- "Bridlington Piddlington"
- "I had to go - it was a work thing"
- "Bridlington, England"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bridlington
- Hotels in Bridlington
- Transportation in Bridlington
- Restaurants in Bridlington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bridlington
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Bridlington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bridlington
Photos in BridlingtonSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 133 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 109 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 71 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 78 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 32 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitby Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos