"Bridlington - resort with potential" Bridlington by Britannia2
Bridlington Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 80 photos
Bridlington was one of England's popular holiday resorts ruined by cheap foreign packages to Spain in the 1960s and is only just slowly recovering now thanks to some forward thinking people.
Its very much a retirement town ( it is called Leeds on Sea because of all the Leeds people who come to retire here) but very much a day trip town or weekend break town.
Everything is here though - two good beaches , a harbour , boats , a reasonable shopping centre and at long last some vision of the future with plans for a marina. The new promenade developments are very good but the town has suffered in the recession and there are more than the average number of boarded up businesses.
- Pros:Good beach on the south bay and always interest in the harbour
- Cons:A day trip town that needs to move upmarket ( and it will)
- In a nutshell:Desperately needs the marina development now
The gardens opposite the Spa are a pleasant place to sit and watch the world go by and have recently had a £20M... more travel advice
A good way to see the town is to hire a bike and you can do this from Spa Cycle Hire in Horsforth Avenue which is just... more travel advice
Britannia2's Related Pages
Bridlington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridlington - resort with potential"
- "By the seaside"
- "Bridlington - Historical East Coast Seaside Town"
- "A typical Yorkshire seaside town"
- "Bridlington Piddlington"
- "I had to go - it was a work thing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bridlington
- Hotels in Bridlington
- Transportation in Bridlington
- Restaurants in Bridlington
- Shopping in Bridlington
- Warnings and Dangers in Bridlington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bridlington
- 25 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Bridlington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bridlington
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 179 reviews, 351 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 130 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 85 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 74 reviews, 137 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 34 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Northallerton Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos