"Market town with a harbour" Bridport by Britannia2
Bridport Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 48 photos
Bridport is a bustling market town based mainly on one wide main street with shops sellling everything you could possibly want. The street is unfortunatly spoiled by the heavy volume of traffic moving along it and car parking could be a problem for us at times. There are some interesting looking pubs and eating places but we never really stopped for long as we always seemed to be passing through.
There did not seem to be anything of interest here - the only interesting building seemed to be the clock tower in the photo.
We really liked West Bay. This is English seaside at its best with two good beaches , a harbour and some interesting shops. The cliffs in the photo here were, I thought, some of the most interesting I had ever seen.
We walked along the new sea defence promenade to the west of town and enjoyed the views out to sea. Unfortunatly we could only go as far as the promenade because a wheelchair could go no further but there looks to be a good walk along the shingle beach to the next bay.
- Pros:Country feel to Bridport and West Bay
- Cons:Not a lot to see in Bridport
- In a nutshell:A walk at West Bay is very rewarding
Dorset has many very narrow roads with high banks at the sides. There are passing places but you must take care if a... more travel advice
The harbour is quite busy with small craft and it is possible to go out fishing from here. We enjoyed watching people... more travel advice
Britannia2's Related Pages
Bridport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridport In Dorset"
- "Market town with a harbour"
- "A great base from which to explore gorgeous Dorset"
- "My Bridport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bridport
- Hotels in Bridport
- Transportation in Bridport
- Shopping in Bridport
- Warnings and Dangers in Bridport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bridport
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Bridport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bridport
Photos in BridportSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 155 reviews, 311 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 128 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 74 reviews, 137 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 82 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 34 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Northallerton Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos