"Grassington" Grassington by Britannia2
Grassington Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 50 photos
Grassington is one of the Dales most popular villages for tourists. A very busy village popular with both walkers and day trippers and of course those who base themselves for a holiday in the Dales.
There are several pubs here, restaurants, cafes and gift shops plus a small museum.
Exceptionally busy on summer weekends and there is no parking in the village centre - see my Transportation tip.
- Pros:Traditional Dales village
- Cons:Very busy in the summer
- In a nutshell:Only go if you do not mind crowds.
Just a short distance out of the village is a show cave at Stump Cross Caverns. 350 million years ago this range of... more travel advice
There have not been trains to Grassington since 1931 and the only way to reach here is by bus. You do not need a car to... more travel advice
Britannia2's Related Pages
Grassington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grassington in the Yorkshire Dales"
- "Grassington, Upper Wharfedale"
- "Grassington, England"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grassington
- Transportation in Grassington
- Restaurants in Grassington
- Shopping in Grassington
- Warnings and Dangers in Grassington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grassington
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Grassington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grassington
Photos in GrassingtonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 155 reviews, 311 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 129 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 74 reviews, 137 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 82 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 34 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Northallerton Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos