"Hawes - Pleasant Dales town" Hawes by Britannia2
Hawes Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 46 photos
Hawes is an important Dales town - very popular with walkers and cyclists and a good place to explore the Yorkshire Dales from. I made my first ever visit here in June 2010 and there is enough here to do to spend a whole day here.
A very pleasant town with some good places to eat and typical country and tourist shops set in wonderful scenery.
The Pennine Way passes through here and it is famous as the home of Wensleydale cheese.
- Pros:So much to see in such a small town
- Cons:Traffic and parking problems
- In a nutshell:A must see Dales town
I was in a car park on the A1 near Wetherby when a man with a cockney accent asked me where the "nice villages in the... more travel advice
Situated in an old converted chapel the Wensleydale Pottery is an interseting place to visit. A complete range of... more travel advice
Britannia2's Related Pages
Hawes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Wensleydale"
- "Going to the ... Hawes"
- "Hawes - Pleasant Dales town"
- "A fledgling Hawes page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hawes
- Transportation in Hawes
- Restaurants in Hawes
- Shopping in Hawes
- Warnings and Dangers in Hawes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hawes
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Hawes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawes
Photos in HawesSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 133 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 104 reviews, 182 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 71 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 78 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitby Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos