"Haworth - Victorian heritage on view" Top 5 Page for this destination Haworth by Britannia2

Haworth Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 267 photos

A living museum

Haworth stands high above Bradford and is a pretty village that oozes Victorian heritage. The steep main street climbs up from the lower town and railway station and is popular throughout the year. Shops and eating places line both sides of the street and at the top is the Parsonage ( home of the Brontes) and famous church.

• Pros:Always something to see and do
  • Cons:A very steep main street - can be difficult for those with walking difficulties
  • In a nutshell:Victorian heritage in a living village
  • Last visit to Haworth: Oct 2004
  • Intro Written Oct 11, 2004

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Nice page

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Colin, I can't believe I have not visited this spendid page of yours before. It is so long since I visited Haworth, circa 1951 on a school trip! More shops there now than I remember (sadly all Ponden Mill shops around here closed in April this year.)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Thanx for your page, Colin!

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Great tips and photos Colin! Especially on Worth Valley Railway! I hope to re-visit this interesting village again soon. Best Wishes, Sue x

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Hi Colin, I currently live in Thornton, Bradford. Which is where the Bronte sisters were born and lived for 5 years. Haworth is a beautiful place.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2006 at 1:54 AM

Nice page!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 10:26 PM

Hello Colin! I agree, Haworth is worth a visiti, even without the Bronte house. My friend took me there many years ago and I loved the place. Happy birthday from Finland, Sini

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 6:03 AM

Looks like such a cute town to visit!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 6:14 AM

What, the Bronte sisters didn't go along to the pub? LOL

Britannia2 Visits Here Frequently!

Britannia2

“Whatever did we do before the internet?”

Badges & Stats in Haworth

Have you been to Haworth?

Latest Activity in Haworth