"Highgate - an English village in London" Highgate by Britannia2
Highgate Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 39 photos
England at its very best - history, the home to famous people, beautiful buildings and a very English village feel despite sitting only four miles from St Paul's Cathedral .
It is high above the city - very hilly in parts once you get there - I do cover this in transportation but do not go on the Underground to Highgate as it is a long uphill walk to the village. Archway is a better option but still a long steep uphill walk - take a bus.
- Pros:England in a village
- Cons:Hilly - only walk up to the village if you can
- In a nutshell:None
I have visited here a number of times but only for drinks and so cannot comment on the food but it does look very good.... more travel advice
Waterlow Park is set on a hillside in Highgate boasting some of the best panoramic views over London and covers 20... more travel advice
Britannia2's Related Pages
Highgate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Highgate - an English village in London"
- "Highgate Village"
- "London village"
- "A Walk from Hampstead to Highgate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Highgate
- Transportation in Highgate
- Restaurants in Highgate
- Shopping in Highgate
- Warnings and Dangers in Highgate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Highgate
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Highgate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Highgate
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 155 reviews, 311 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 127 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 74 reviews, 137 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 82 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 34 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto de la Cruz Intro, 29 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Northallerton Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos