Kingston upon Hull Sports & Outdoors Tips by Britannia2 Top 5 Page for this destination
Kingston upon Hull Sports & Outdoors: 7 reviews and 8 photos
Match day at the KC
Hulls premier sporting stadium is based in West Park and is home to football ( Hull City) and rugby (Hull FC). Based on Sunderlands Stadium of Light this is a slightly smaller version but expansion is possible should capacity be needed to be increased.
Set in parkland but in a rather run down area - there is very little to see in the area outside the stadium so just get in and stay whether it is for sport or one of the concerts that take place here. The area is not always safe at night so do not venture far from the bus stops or car parks.
Catering is OK - the restaurant is quite good I am told but my only experience of eating here are the pies and drinks from the take away places on the walk ways.
Disabled access good in the East and South stands but do not go to the West Stand for a pitch side place - wheelchair access is not good.
Address: The Circle, Walton Street, Anlaby Road, Hull HU3 6
Directions: Use buses 2 , 151, 60, 62, 64 or 66 from Hull Interchange . From out of town use the Priory Park park and ride ( see my separate tip) 701 service to and from the stadium but remember to keep your ticket for the journey back to Priory Park.
Phone: 0870 837 0003
Skating at Hull Arena
Hull has an international size ice arena where skaters from across the world come to compete in competitions here. The arena is also home to the ice hockey team the Stingrays.
There are many public sessions for people who just want to fun skate too and this is a large arena that is also used for concerts and exhibitions.
There is a small cafe but its rather basic but clean and its prices are reasonable.
Address: Kingston Street, Hull, HU1 2DZ
Directions: Sign posted on the east bound A63 and a 5 minute walk from the bus/train interchange.
Phone: 01482 325252
Hull does not have a racecourse but there is a first class course at Beverley a few miles north of Hull. This is the only racecourse I have been to but an afternoon or evening here is certainly exciting and the area north of Beverley , especially the Malton area, is where racehorses are bred and trained.
2009 prices are - Premier - £19.00. Ladies Day Premier - £22.00. Grandstand & Paddock - £12.00. Senior Citizens / Students - £8.00. Ladies Day Grandstand & Paddock - £14.00.
Ladies Day Senior Citizens/Student - £10.00.Premier - £19.00. Premier - £19.00
Ladies Day Premier - £22.00. Grandstand & Paddock - £12.00. Senior Citizens / Students - £8.00. Course Enclosure (per car) - £5.00. Per Person - £5.00. Senior Citizen/Students - £3.00. Course Enclosure (per car) - £5.00. Per Person - £5.00. Senior Citizen/Students - £3.00.
Ladies Day is one of East Yorkshires premier events to be seen at and it is wise to book in advance.
Address: York Road, Beverley, HU17 8QZ
Directions: Go north from Hull on the York road and follow the signs in Beverley. Or by train to Beverley and then a 20 minute walk on to the York road (follow the signs).
Phone: 01482 867488/882645
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (91)
- See All Phillp Larkin statue
- See All In North Ferriby
- See All Old shopping arcade
- Premier club in Hull
Britannia2's Related Pages
Kingston upon Hull Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "England's European gateway"
- "King's Town upon the River Hull"
- "Hull: Reclaiming the city, reclaiming the sea..."
- "A Journey into the Unknown!"
- "For the third time of visiting"
- "Yet rebirthing, very worthy UK location!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston upon Hull
- Hotels in Kingston upon Hull
- Transportation in Kingston upon Hull
- Nightlife in Kingston upon Hull
- Restaurants in Kingston upon Hull
- Shopping in Kingston upon Hull
- Warnings and Dangers in Kingston upon Hull
- See All...
Explore the World
- Wilaya d' Alger
- South Hampton Hotels
- Bujumbura Hotels
- Peter Douglas Cay Hotels
- Camp Russell Hotels
- Grenada Sports & Outdoors
- Port Dickson Sports & Outdoors
- Nha Trang Sports & Outdoors
- Guyana Sports & Outdoors
- Yogyakarta Sports & Outdoors
- Naga City Sports & Outdoors
- Mayrhofen Sports & Outdoors
- Halifax Sports & Outdoors
- Key West Sports & Outdoors
- Port Douglas Sports & Outdoors
- Cairo Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Kingston upon Hull
- 94 Reviews
- 165 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Kingston upon Hull?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston upon Hull
Photos in Kingston upon HullSee All Photos (165)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 125 reviews, 239 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Hull Intro, 94 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 71 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 78 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 25 reviews, 55 photos
- Brugge Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitby Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haworth Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (24)
Latest Kingston upon Hull hotel reviews
- Premier Inn Hull City Centre
- 308 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Royal Hotel Hull
- 391 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Express By Holiday Inn Hull
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Campanile Hull
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Stop Inn Hull
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Holiday Inn Hull Marina
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Vale Guest House
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 5, 2013
- Kingston Theatre Hotel
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Clyde House Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion