"Whitby and the North Yorkshire Moors" Top 5 Page for this destination Whitby by Britannia2

Whitby Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 746 photos

Whitby in 2012

Whitby seems to be enjoying an upturn in its fortunes. Perhaps its the Heartbeat factor but the number of people visiting here is quite international these days - there are even some Londoners too so something must have happened to put this wonderful little town on the map.
As with most of the Yorkshire coast the beaches are some of the best in England and there is good shopping and a real sense of history here.

A great place to eat and drink

The fish and chips are legendary here and there is something for everyone - there are some cafe bars and nice places to sit and enjoy the view as the photo shows

• Pros:A real sense of history mixes with beach and sea holidays
  • Cons:Very hilly - can be difficult for those with walking difficulties
  • In a nutshell:Something for everyone here
  • Last visit to Whitby: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 21, 2012

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2012 at 7:09 AM

So maaaaaaaany years ago I visited that beach

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Hi Colin, a wonderful page, Whitby looks very nice and there is so much to do there! I love the pictures of the beaches.
    Botton Village sounds like a very interesting project.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2008 at 10:40 AM

A really interesting page and so good to find a self catering acommodation Tip. Thanks for sharing.

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Great tips and photos Colin. I'll certainly do a detour to Botton Village shop the next time I'm in the area. Best Wishes Sue

• zuriga's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 5:11 AM

Enjoyed your tips and photos! We're off to Whitby (my second visit) next weekend. My husband's family is from Redcar, so it's always a bit nostalgic for him.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 3:30 PM

that narrow moors road pic looks like where we cycled up and about on our coast to coast cycle ride - lovely colour in your photo.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Fabulous new page. Brings back many memories of my daytrip to Whitby from Scarborough. Well done ...

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Your page brings back memories! I went to Whitby a few years ago and loved it.

• Mar 16, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Really love your pics and info...I haven't been to Whitby for years. After looking at your pages I must go back!! Thanks

Britannia2 Visits Here Frequently!

Britannia2

“Whatever did we do before the internet?”

Badges & Stats in Whitby