"Another Beautiful Place we Just Flitted Through" Eagle River by aussiedoug

Eagle River Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 8 photos

Ice Sculptures That Impressed

Unfortunately this is another of the beautiful villages/towns of rural Wisconsin that we drove through rather too quickly to gain anything more than a cursory appreciation.

We did stop briefly to look at the ice sculptures of which there is a picture above.

Golden Eagle or Bald Eagle?

Had to add this piccie even though it was taken in the U.P. on U.S.2 heading east of Bessemer before we reached the turn to get to Eagle River. There it was just in a tree by the side of the Highway. Mind you it wasn't a real busy highway! Can't remember seeing moring than 1 or 2 cars going either way in a couple of hours driving.
I felt absolutely privileged to have seen this magnficent creature in its natural home.

Welcome to Eagle River

I have a bit of a thing about photographing "Welcome to........." signs, although I haven't taken that many. I did, however take this one because it wasn't that long after we'd seen the Eagle in the previous photo so I was all fired up with enthusiasm.
Have a great one of a little place way in the middle of the Mallee country of outback Victoria (Australia) by the name of Galah ( a bird, but a derogatory term for someone we think is a fool in Austalk) that I must scan soon a put up somewhere. Don't know where as there's nothing at "Galah" to write about apart from the welcome sign!

• Pros:Can't really say, but looked like a lovely place
  • Cons:I'm sure this depends on your perspective
  • In a nutshell:Worth including on a roadtrip!
  • Last visit to Eagle River: Jan 1995
  • Intro Updated Jan 22, 2004

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 12:50 PM

Looks like a bald eagle to me. The other bird appears a bit wooden?

aussiedoug

“"We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi”

Badges & Stats in Eagle River

Have you been to Eagle River?