"More Than the Home of 'Twin Peaks' & the Falls" Snoqualmie by aussiedoug

Snoqualmie Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 35 photos

My wife and I had Christmas at the magnificent Salish Lodge (see my accommodation tip) in 1993. After skiing in the morning we came back in afternoon to relax before having a sumptuous Christmas dinner complemented by superb wine.

Afterwards it was lovely to go for a drive and enjoy the way people in the village and up the valley had decorated the houses with lights. Very Christmassy indeed.

We also did some outlet shopping somewhere nearby, within a matter of minutes drive, that was o.k. value.

Also, this was the setting for the television series, "Twin Peaks" starring Kyle McLachlan as the FBI agent. Interesting isn't it that Washington state also was used for "Northern Exposure" at Rosslyn (did I get the spelling right) and my current favourite, "Frasier", that I'm really disappointed will be finishing soon.

• Pros:Beautiful waterfalls
  • Cons:The ugliness of clearfelling of nearby forest
  • In a nutshell:A romantic Christmas for my wife and I
  • Last visit to Snoqualmie: Dec 1993
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2004

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2004 at 12:34 AM

They also have a great golf course here!

• May 27, 2004 at 12:35 AM

Sounds like a very romantic way & place to have a white Christmas Doug!

• myrtle's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 1:36 AM

Thanks for the comment on my Seattle page. Isn't Snoqualmie beautiful? I would love to stay at that lodge next to the falls. It looks so beautiful.

• Apr 4, 2004 at 4:38 AM

And did you see any interesting characters (e.g. "wrapped in plastic" lol!) in Twin Peaks territory? Looks like a picture perfect spot for Christmas.

• Apr 2, 2004 at 11:58 PM

The upmarket Salish Lodge & skiing on Xmas Day! Bit out of my price range I think Doug. Half your luck mate!

• Rosie-o's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2004 at 4:11 PM

I'd love to visit Snoqualmie! Great pix. It is definitely on my list of places to trip about!

• Feb 11, 2004 at 5:08 AM

Salish Lodge does sound a lovely place for a white Xmas for us aussies or anyone for that matter! Skiing on xmas Day too. Not bad eh!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 10:17 PM

Funny to read about "cold" Christmas as something special - nice little page, Doug!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 6:20 AM

Lovely stuff! Think you have a SOH.

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 7:48 PM

Hope you get the opportunity to revisit with your family some day soon. Then you can spoil us with some more photos and tales. Thank you.

aussiedoug

“"We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi”

Badges & Stats in Snoqualmie

Have you been to Snoqualmie?