"More Than the Home of 'Twin Peaks' & the Falls" Snoqualmie by aussiedoug
Snoqualmie Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 35 photos
My wife and I had Christmas at the magnificent Salish Lodge (see my accommodation tip) in 1993. After skiing in the morning we came back in afternoon to relax before having a sumptuous Christmas dinner complemented by superb wine.
Afterwards it was lovely to go for a drive and enjoy the way people in the village and up the valley had decorated the houses with lights. Very Christmassy indeed.
We also did some outlet shopping somewhere nearby, within a matter of minutes drive, that was o.k. value.
Also, this was the setting for the television series, "Twin Peaks" starring Kyle McLachlan as the FBI agent. Interesting isn't it that Washington state also was used for "Northern Exposure" at Rosslyn (did I get the spelling right) and my current favourite, "Frasier", that I'm really disappointed will be finishing soon.
- Pros:Beautiful waterfalls
- Cons:The ugliness of clearfelling of nearby forest
- In a nutshell:A romantic Christmas for my wife and I
Really it was so special for us coming fom what I have termed, "The Land of the Cold Christmas" because we got to ski on... more travel advice
aussiedoug's Related Pages
Snoqualmie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More Than the Home of 'Twin Peaks' & the Falls"
- "Small Town Divided by a Busy Road"
- "LealaGirl's Snoqualmie Page"
- "Greyraven23's Snoqualmie Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Snoqualmie
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Snoqualmie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Snoqualmie
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Solo traveller looking for..."
- Commented on one of blue_sky04's Snoqualmie travel pages
- updated a Snoqualmie Travel Page "More Than the Home of 'Twin Peaks' & the Falls"
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Than the Home of 'Twin Peaks' & the Falls"
- Wrote a Review Skiing on Christmas in Snoqualmie Sports & Outdoors
Photos in SnoqualmieSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos