"Jack Daniels and Miss Mary Bobo's" Top 5 Page for this destination Lynchburg by aussiedoug

Lynchburg Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 71 photos

A little Southern Hospitality

Haven't seen much of the south, but got a bit of a dose of it during this particular trip to the U.S. seeing Memphis then driving across the top of Mississippi into Alabama to stay in Huntsville, visiting a friend and her new husband. Then up to Lynchburg for lunch at Miss Mary Bob's with Bill, Elisabeth and her parents from New Jersy, before doing the Jack Daniels tour. Finally on that busy day, we drove back to Memphis!

If you find yourself in Nashville or Huntsville, Alabama or even Memphis, Tennessee, then I suggest you work 2 nights at Lynchburg into your schedule/itinerary so you can really get a genuine feel for this historic little town.

Wish I could find my photos from this trip because I hope I took one of the Civil War memorial statue in the town square and if I did I'll put it up sometime hopefully sooner rather than later. It surprises me that the south seems to remember it, even celebrate it, more than the north.

• Pros:Very interesting little area
  • Cons:None really
  • In a nutshell:Worth seeing if you are visiting within a few hours drive
  • Last visit to Lynchburg: Jan 1994
  • Intro Updated Jan 27, 2004

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 6:47 AM

Figures an Aussie would visit Tennessee for the booze! Have a happy birthday. (hiccup)

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 3:40 PM

Wow I have been to Tennessee a few times (as my sister lives there). I missed both these places. Knew about Jack Daniels tour but not Miss Mary Bobo's . I will definately visit both in a future trip to Tennessee !

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 1:25 AM

Great page.

• May 23, 2004 at 4:49 AM

Liquor production in a dry county! Now that's pretty amazing.

• GeminiKerry's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2004 at 2:31 AM

And what about our lunch with Bill, Elizabeth (& her parents from New Jersey) at Miss Mary BoBo's?

• Mar 20, 2004 at 3:21 AM

So you didn't have a sip of the evil "firewater" at the J.D. distillery then my fellow North Haven surfer?

• brookdreamsoftravel's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2004 at 4:26 AM

as a southern girl i must say you get around..aus/dog. these pages of memories youve created...should make you smile. youve put lots of effort in them & it shows truly....ciao brookdreamsoftravel

• Feb 10, 2004 at 3:32 AM

A little sip of Jack Daniels ain't too bad (how was my southern accent?). So, were you able to buy any in the 'dry' county?

aussiedoug

“"We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi”

Badges & Stats in Lynchburg

Have you been to Lynchburg?