"The 3 Sisters - Just Part of an Amazing Family!" Blue Mountains National Park by aussiedoug
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 360 reviews and 1,128 photos
Dear reader, close your eyes & drift away. Feel yourself transported back tens of thousands of years to this wondrous place of colourful craggy cliffs with the blue grey green softly scented gum leaves contrasting, but somehow complementing the rocks & the brilliant blue sky. Feel the hot sun on your brow helping you know you are one with this land.
You are chief of an aboriginal tribe & you have three beautiful daughters who fill your life with joy, making you even more complete. But now you hear bad news. There are 3 famous warriors from nearby tribes who want to make these girls - YOUR GIRLS! - their wives. This thought you cannot abide so you turn your daughters, your beloved daughters who mean the earth itself to you, into stone to stand sentinel over this spectacular valley. You are confident this is only a short term thing because now you gather your warriors to go & do battle with these upstarts who dare to want to take your daughters from you. You will return & release them from this spell to be with you in the flesh once again!
BUT!......... Tragedy strikes. Our hero is killed in the ensuing battle. The beautiful three daughters have now become forever enshrined in stone. Their memories to be seen in this form forever more!
Back into more earthly bound mode. I have to say that the Blue Mountains have never been a favourite place of mine. I'm thankful I can now go there and view them & the area itself with fresher eyes & a more open mind.
If you are visiting Sydney for a week then it will be easy enough to organise a day trip, by coach, up here. They are literally, a dime a dozen to use an Americanism. I am speaking metaphorically of course.
PLEASE LISTEN UP NOW!
Not really yelling at you, but my strongest suggestion to you all, us as well as overseas visitors, is to stay up here for at least 2 nights to give yourselves 1FULL DAY to explore because if you do the day trip from the city you'll have maybe half a day's being shown around with your tour guide.
There is a great visitors centre right at the lookout at the 3 sisters to get any info you need. The pic accompanying this is the cover of a magazine I picked up from there. The Blue Mountains area is a veritable mecca of art galleries, but also writers & musicians to a lesser extent. There truly is something for everyone in this region & I'm taking the family up for a weekend end soon!
- Pros:Sheer Beauty, Art Galleries, Excellent Accommodation, Food & Coffee
- Cons:None Really
- In a nutshell:A Definite Must See for many reasons
aussiedoug's Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains - The Forest Paradise"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Solo traveller looking for..."
- Commented on one of Zanzibargirl's Blue Mountains National Park travel pages
- updated a Blue Mountains National Park Travel Page "The 3 Sisters - Just Part of an Amazing Family!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The 3 Sisters - Just Part of an Amazing Family!"
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos