"Beautiful Village Suburb by the Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee by aussiedoug
Coogee Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 126 photos
If you've already seen my 2nd off the beaten path tip for Sydney you won't want me repeating all that as an intro' here now will you?
And if you look at the above then want more could you want in a place to base yourself while visiting Sydney. It's close enough to the city, but quite far enough. It certainly feels that way when you are strolling along the beachfront as we were on Friday afternoon.
What you'll notice most about this photo, is the sandstone wall which separates the lovely green parkland from the actual sand of the beach. I don't know exactly how old this sandstone wall is. I'd suggest it would be over 100 years old. I saw some photos where we stayed taken in 1897 & it was there then so I'd imagine it had been there a while then, but how long I have no idea.
So this photo, taken at about 7:00 a.m. this morning, so with the softer morning light, shows that green parkland I was talking about above. This is one of the things that sets Coogee apart from the big name beaches of Sydney like Bondi & Manly that all overseas visitors seem to know about.
Well visitors in the know, know about Coogee. Where we had dinner last night employed amongst the waitpeople there. One lovely young English lady who was a semester through a University course at the University of New South Wales (about 5 minutes away) & there were two young ladies from Kentucky also working there. When I got my morning coffee from the Kiosk on the park behind the beach, one of the people working there was English & another one was eastern European.
So these peolpe were in the know. As I said, this would be great place to base yourself for a Sydney visit, particularly if you love the beach.
Here you go all you sweettooth Chocoholics. The chocolate cake at Cozzi Cafe.
Doesn't look toooooo bad at all does it? Nicely presented too. Almost seems a shame to eat it........, NOT!!!!!!!
So, if you get to Coogee then find your way to Cozzi Cafe & INDULGE!!!, not to mention enjoy Coogee's finest coffee.
- Pros:Great Beach, Excellent Coffee & Food, Good Nightlife
- Cons:None that I can see
- In a nutshell:If I could live here I would!
Those of you who've visited my pages before will be falling off your seats at not 1, but 2 nightlife tips from Doug!!!!... more travel advice
I don't put this up as a must see tip lightly, but if you are at Coogee I think you should visit this sculpture, on the... more travel advice
aussiedoug's Related Pages
Coogee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Village Suburb by the Sea"
- "Coogee is My Local"
- "Beachside Town"
- "COOGEE BEACH...SYDNEY.."
- "Coogee Beach"
- "Sydney Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coogee
- Hotels in Coogee
- Transportation in Coogee
- Nightlife in Coogee
- Restaurants in Coogee
- Warnings and Dangers in Coogee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coogee
- 10 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 49 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Coogee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coogee
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos