"Goolwa - At the Mouth of the Mighty Murray River" Goolwa by aussiedoug
Goolwa Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 60 photos
Yes indeed my train travel VT friends we visited Goolwa with our good friends Steven and Cheryl (Cheryl's from Kenora, Ontario) when we were having an extended weekend in fantastic south Australia.
It was a great little train trip of about 30 minutes and if you really couldn't hang on you could have a pee and watch it splash out onto the tracks below. Just like when I was a wee (no pun intended!) nipper going from home to Sydney on the North Coast Mail.
The village of Goolwa itself was a bit of a pleasant surprise. Mind you we had absolutely no expectations to begin with because we had actually driven down to Victor Harbour and were staying overnight there. We happened to notice this notice about this train ride to Goolwa so away we went!
Very pretty little place with plenty of recreation opportunities.
- Pros:Fascinating area at the mouth of the mighty Murray
aussiedoug's Related Pages
Goolwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goolwa - At the Mouth of the Mighty Murray River"
- "Goolwa and The Murry River"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goolwa
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Goolwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goolwa
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Solo traveller looking for..."
- Wrote a Review Discover the History & Significance of the Murray in Goolwa Things to Do
- updated a Goolwa Travel Page "Goolwa - At the Mouth of the Mighty Murray River"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Goolwa - At the Mouth of the Mighty Murray River"
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos