"Part of the Spa Capital of Australia." Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs by aussiedoug

Hepburn Springs Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 167 photos

Home of Anne12 - Scene of VTers Meeting

I was here, the only interstate Vter to make this meeting that Anne - Anne12 organised, a Christmas Cheer weekend & dinner Saturday night get together.

I flew in Friday afternoon & very kindly Mark (ATXTraveler) & his lovely wife Sarah (saraheg) picked me up from the airport & we drove up to Hepburn Springs.

Here you see, in the main photo, a shot of Main Road Hepburn Springs as the sun is setting. Looks like a typical country town in Australia in so many respects.

Beautiful Setting in the Aussie Bush

Yes the drive along the ridge from Daylesford to Hepburn Springs reveals the full glory of the Aussie Bush (forest or woods to you Brits & Americans). It really is a pretty area & I was surprised by how beautiful the area is. I guess also that Iim lucky seeing it this past weekend when there has been enough rain this year to have everything looking nice & green. However, for many of you overseas visitors it is not a green that you are used to. It's a blue-grey (gray)- green of Aussie Gum Trees, well Eucalypts in general. Specifically you will find - eucalypt forest in which Red Stringybark, Red Box, Broad-leaved Peppermint and Long-leaved Box are the dominant species.

Just realised I don't have a photo of any bush around Hepburn Springs so I've uploaded one of Daylesford intstead. Might have to email Anne & ask her to take one then email it to me! lol!

Ah yes the VT dinner meet of course!

This is one of the pics from my two dinner @ the Red Star Cafe travelogues.

Anne (VTer Anne12) lives in, & organised this weekend for the VTers who were smart enough & free for the weekend (or part thereof) to enjoy here beautiful hometown & its big brother next door neighbour - Daylesford.

She was an excellent hostess & provided us with quite a few laughs as she managed to almost put one foot in her mouth (metaphorically speaking of course, not literally. lol!) with something she said then took to the veils, so to speak, to cover any possible embarrassement. Not that Anne embarasses easily I might add.

If you are thinking of visiting here at some time, you absolutely must visit Anne's Hepburn Springs page & also drop her an email as she will help out in any way possible & also having lived in the area for quite some time, is a wealth of information about this beautiful area in which she is lucky enough to live.

• In a nutshell:Beautiful Bit of Aussie Bush
  • Last visit to Hepburn Springs: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 3, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Featured member, so thought I would take a look at Hepburn Springs, haven't been there for about 35years. Must go back again one day as it is a nice area.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Brings back fond memories. I bought the bet jumper I ever owned there at a stall. Cheers

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 6:47 AM

Wow! Always love visiting your pages. Fantastic tips. Checking in on you and your family's adventures...

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2006 at 11:12 PM

sounds like a lovely place, esp the B&B. :)

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2006 at 11:12 PM

Annes coming to our place for the weekend...do I go and buy lots of napkins!!!ahhaha

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2005 at 1:49 AM

Wow Doug. Fabulous vt meeting pix matey!! Still wondering what Anne was laughing at :o) Really enjoyed your pages as usual. You have a lovely personal way of writing! Cheers, Ann :o)

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2005 at 7:09 PM

The best Thai food in town... is that because it is the only Thai food in town?

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 2:44 AM

I used to live about 25 mins away from Hepburn, so have been there many times. It's changed somewhat over the years.

• cassiejoy42's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2005 at 1:20 AM

Very nice pages Doug - you did us all proud - do you have any photos of our mystery visitor? Great funny photos of tea at the Red STar Cafe.

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 11:17 PM

Wonderful page & tips! Didn't realize I made it in to so many pictures :) I am still slowly but surely working on my page. Hopefully it will be done soon! :D

aussiedoug

“"We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi”

Badges & Stats in Hepburn Springs

Have you been to Hepburn Springs?