"Part of the Spa Capital of Australia." Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs by aussiedoug
Hepburn Springs Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 167 photos
I was here, the only interstate Vter to make this meeting that Anne - Anne12 organised, a Christmas Cheer weekend & dinner Saturday night get together.
I flew in Friday afternoon & very kindly Mark (ATXTraveler) & his lovely wife Sarah (saraheg) picked me up from the airport & we drove up to Hepburn Springs.
Here you see, in the main photo, a shot of Main Road Hepburn Springs as the sun is setting. Looks like a typical country town in Australia in so many respects.
Yes the drive along the ridge from Daylesford to Hepburn Springs reveals the full glory of the Aussie Bush (forest or woods to you Brits & Americans). It really is a pretty area & I was surprised by how beautiful the area is. I guess also that Iim lucky seeing it this past weekend when there has been enough rain this year to have everything looking nice & green. However, for many of you overseas visitors it is not a green that you are used to. It's a blue-grey (gray)- green of Aussie Gum Trees, well Eucalypts in general. Specifically you will find - eucalypt forest in which Red Stringybark, Red Box, Broad-leaved Peppermint and Long-leaved Box are the dominant species.
Just realised I don't have a photo of any bush around Hepburn Springs so I've uploaded one of Daylesford intstead. Might have to email Anne & ask her to take one then email it to me! lol!
This is one of the pics from my two dinner @ the Red Star Cafe travelogues.
Anne (VTer Anne12) lives in, & organised this weekend for the VTers who were smart enough & free for the weekend (or part thereof) to enjoy here beautiful hometown & its big brother next door neighbour - Daylesford.
She was an excellent hostess & provided us with quite a few laughs as she managed to almost put one foot in her mouth (metaphorically speaking of course, not literally. lol!) with something she said then took to the veils, so to speak, to cover any possible embarrassement. Not that Anne embarasses easily I might add.
If you are thinking of visiting here at some time, you absolutely must visit Anne's Hepburn Springs page & also drop her an email as she will help out in any way possible & also having lived in the area for quite some time, is a wealth of information about this beautiful area in which she is lucky enough to live.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Bit of Aussie Bush
I had noticed this place when walking back & forward to Lauristina so when I finished my Spa treatment at acqua viva day... more travel advice
This was where Anne decided we would have dinner on the Fri night. There were just the four of us, Mark & Sarah, Anne &... more travel advice
Written Nov 29, 2005
VT Dinner @ the Red Star Cafe
Written Nov 30, 2005
Red Star VT Dinner Part 2
aussiedoug's Related Pages
Hepburn Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What to do and see in the Hepburn Daylesford Area."
- "Part of the Spa Capital of Australia."
- "The VT meet in Hepburn...."
- "Hepburn Springs - A Glimpse into Anne's Life"
- "Hepburn Springs - My first VT Meet"
- "Hepburn Springs"
- "VT MEET AT HEPBURN SPRINGS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hepburn Springs
- Hotels in Hepburn Springs
- Transportation in Hepburn Springs
- Nightlife in Hepburn Springs
- Restaurants in Hepburn Springs
- Shopping in Hepburn Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Hepburn Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hepburn Springs
- 8 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Hepburn Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hepburn Springs
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Solo traveller looking for..."
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Hepburn Springs travel pages
- updated a Hepburn Springs Travel Page "Part of the Spa Capital of Australia."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Part of the Spa Capital of Australia."
- Wrote a Review Chowder with Real Clams! in Hepburn Springs Restaurants
Photos in Hepburn SpringsSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos