Saint Kilda Things to Do Tips by aussiedoug Top 5 Page for this destination
Saint Kilda Things to Do: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Some of the delights in the window
Even though I'd never been to St Kilda before & I "had" heard of the Acland Street Cake Shops. Now you've read that I set out for them on the first day here in St Kilda, but was not successful, but the next day when Mel & I found the other end of Acland Street we discovered the Acland Street Cake Shops & believe me that you are spoilt for choice. There are a whole batch of them.
I'm not sure how we selected the Monarch Cake Shop. I think it was because Mel recognised something in the window that she knew from her mum (mom for your Americans) or grandmother & I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Will have to drop her an email.
The Cakes looked good & tasted just as good as they looked. The coffee was pretty reasonable so all in all our selection wasn't too bad. The owner was in there. We could see him in the photos around the walls we various well known (dare I say some were even famous) identities & sporting teams/personalities. If you want to catch a glimpse of him then have a look at my second photo.
Having tasted the delights of the Acland Street Cake Shops I can now say with complete assurance that no trip to St Kilda is complete without sampling their delights!
Address: All along the lower end of Acland Street
Directions: Monarch Cake Shop is about 100m up on your left from the downhill end of Acland Street as you are walking back up what is first a very gentle slope.
Phone: 61 3 9534 2972
Luna Park, St Kilda
As soon as my girls discovered that Luna Park was within a couple of minutes walk of our hotel they, of course, wanted to visit it straight away, after they had a swim in the pool that is!
Well Daddy had to catch a tram up into the city to pick up our AFL Grand Final tickets that we had already paid for so we didn't get to Luna Park till after dinner that night.
The girls had to pick their rides as we didn't want to spend too much money on what was already going to be a very expensive weekend. Luckily Daddy got to go on both the rides with them. The three of us still can't make up our minds if we liked the Ghost Train or the Roller Coast (they call it the Scenic Railway there). Now they are hassling us to go to Luna Park in Sydney which is bigger again.
If you come to Melbourne with kids you have to come & play at Luna Park, St Kilda. Even if you don't have kids come & play!
Address: The Lower Esplanade, St Kilda
Directions: Very easy to find. Look for the big face & that's the entrance to it.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 61 3 9525 5033
More Reviews (6)
aussiedoug's Related Pages
Saint Kilda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place On the Bay With Everything"
- "St. Kilda"
- "Melbourne - Saint Kilda"
- "Virtual Tourist Meeting Melbourne!"
- "Fun in St. Kilda!"
- "Stayed here for the Swans AFL Grand Final Truimph"
- "Funky town by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Kilda
- Hotels in Saint Kilda
- Transportation in Saint Kilda
- Restaurants in Saint Kilda
- Shopping in Saint Kilda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Negeri Kelantan
- Pátzcuaro Hotels
- Woodbridge Hotels
- Zahara de los Atunes
- Fern Tree Gully Hotels
- Gornji Stoj
- Borsh Hotels
Badges & Stats in Saint Kilda
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Saint Kilda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Kilda
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Solo traveller looking for..."
- Commented on one of allikat's Saint Kilda travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sample the delights of Acland Street Cake Shops in Saint Kilda Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sample the delights of Acland Street Cake Shops"
- created a Saint Kilda Travel Page "Place On the Bay With Everything"
Photos in Saint KildaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (191)
Latest Saint Kilda hotel reviews
- The Prince
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013