"Place On the Bay With Everything" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda by aussiedoug

Saint Kilda Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 71 photos

St Kilda Beach and Pier
  • Pros:Definitely has something for everyone
  • Cons:I imagine it could be very crowded in Summer
  • In a nutshell:This is where I'd live if I lived in Melbourne
  • Last visit to Saint Kilda: Sep 2005
  • Intro Written Sep 29, 2005

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Yummm...that shop window looks good. The owner looks like he really enjoys his store...and his sweets too. Hope your birthday is sweet as well!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 11:11 PM

It's always a great joy to read your pages! Very informative, well done. Take care my friend, hope to see you in Belgium next year!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 1:34 AM

Hi.......I live in Sydney but always make a point of going to St Kilda, when in Melbourne. I know the cake-shop. Your tips & pics are great

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 4:31 AM

Great tips! I was reminiscing about our first meet! I'm glad your girls enjoyed Luna Park. Mark & I walked through one day, but didn't ride anything :)

• Jan 18, 2006 at 11:35 PM

Blue skies, golden beaches, book shops and a veggie restaurant? Sounds like heaven Doug!! A lovely read to brighten up a dreary grey damp morning in the UK! Maria :))

• mariev's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 7:26 AM

Whoaw, did you take the datas of the dog's "hair dresser" ?

• quintessential1's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 3:49 PM

"If you don't know how 2 do it I'll show you how to walk the dog" Yep. Know the song too! lol! Some essentially good info here I can use on an upcoming trip to Melbourne. Might stay down here.

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 9:07 PM

Great page! At a St Kilda cafe a lady at the next table was a model or singer or SOMETHING going over some pictures & how they would be used on a cover of SOMETHING??? Haha, I didn"t eaves drop well enough to get all the facts straight ; )

• GeminiKerry's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 7:02 PM

It would be lovely to bring the girls down here again in summer time, especially if I can do some more clothes shopping. lol!

• ancientmariner's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2005 at 5:36 AM

Evening Dougie boy. St Kilda eh & you stayed there when the Swannies won the flag. What sort of receptioin did you get from the locals in your red & white gear?

aussiedoug

“"We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi”

Badges & Stats in Saint Kilda

Have you been to Saint Kilda?