"Kalamazoo - Home of My Best Pal!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalamazoo by Dundooni

Kalamazoo Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 79 photos

Midwest Town Taking Care of My Brother!

My brother Kareem, my best pal in the whole world, is entering his second year as an internal medicine, pediatrics resident at the KCMS program in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It's quite a change from L.A., but the city is beautiful, the people are warm and friendly, and water activities at the lake are the best! Plus, Kareem is there!

Downtown Kalamazoo

It is an absolute joy to stroll in downtown Kalamazoo. There were a few college students strumming on their guitars. Downtown has lots of quaint shops, restuarants, and bars. It also features the State Theatre, a great place to see a show.

Tennis Gathering Spot

Also, Kalamazoo is the annual spot for the boy's national tennis championships. Past phenoms who have won the tournament include Pete Sampras and Andy Roddick. My brother was a volunteer doctor at the tournament this year!

• Pros:Quaint small town feel with friendly people.
  • Cons:Gets really cold!
  • In a nutshell:All American midwest town with unique culture.
  • Last visit to Kalamazoo: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 26, 2005

• ernie01's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 6:49 AM

A Concert at the State Theater is not to be missed. Great tip ! Wish I'd got to see David S. :)

• KalamazooJohn's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 4:13 AM

Food Dance has moved two blocks east and now is much larger. Great restaurant.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 12:40 AM

Great little page! Enjoy 'your' day today Dena! Blu

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 1:13 PM

My uncle and cousins used to live in Kalamazoo, but we never found such interesting things to do there when we were young. I guess things have changed since the 50's!

• DreamHolidayTravels's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 7:32 AM

Beautiful pictures and very nice introduction. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

• keithb789's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 10:14 AM

Glad to hear you and your brother like Kalamazoo. I'm thinking of moving there from Chicago - my friends think I'm crazy but I want to live in a smaller city where I can afford a house!

• Aug 9, 2004 at 8:27 PM

Dena, many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and great time. Greetings from India. Nice pictures.

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 3:03 PM

Glad to hear they are looking after your brother here :-)

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 5:19 PM

I've actually had several enjoyable visits to this 'nice' area.

Dundooni

“I live for weekend getaways!”

Badges & Stats in Kalamazoo

Have you been to Kalamazoo?

Latest Activity in Kalamazoo