"An East Coast Feel on the West Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Claremont by Dundooni

Claremont Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 37 photos

Claremont Will ALWAYS Be MY Home!

I grew up in Claremont, a beautiful small suburb of Los Angeles. Claremont has the most gorgeous trees, especially lining Indian Hill Boulevard, right through the center of the city. Claremont has a unique downtown village filled with family-owned businesses including restaurants, jewelers, and arts and crafts shops. Claremont is home of the Claremont Colleges, a prestigious community of five private liberal arts colleges. It adds a New England college town feel to this west coast city.

• Pros:Beautiful trees, warm feeling of community.
  • Cons:Not much of a nightlife.
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2003

• kjoy's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 8:01 AM

Note they moved to Mountain Ave and Foothill Blvd! And it is still "hands down" the best Froyo!

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 7:42 AM

Good, interesting tips. I was in the area a few weeks ago, but didnt get a chance to stop. Maybe when I go back in a few months.

• tiganeasca's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2003 at 5:22 AM

Looks like things have changed since I got my doctorate at CGS! Thanks for the memories of a wonderful village with a unique hometown feel!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2003 at 3:12 AM

We hosted an exchange student from Claremont! I see you have the Fair coming up soon, hope you get home for it!

Dundooni

“I live for weekend getaways!”

Badges & Stats in Claremont

Have you been to Claremont?